Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody please list or tell me where I can find forged internals for an engine? I’m tired of playing these games with this engine. I want parts that can handle forced induction as I plan on supercharging or I’m leaning toward turbo’ing the car. I talked to Shane Lewis (shanevlogs on YouTube) whose turbo Camry is making 465+ hp and he told me a few things he’s done but I need a set out list from the pistons to cam everything! I know the TC is using the same engine so I can look up what the TC guys are doing too right?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well the stock rods and crank are already forged. That does not mean they will take the power you want to put to them.

The 2AZFE is not a great design to build up for huge power. It can be done but it is not the ideal platform. The real limit it the stock ECU and injectors, cam and head.

The 2AZFE is a good platform for low boost like 4-8psi of boost.

The 2AZFE is not a terrible platform just not a great platform. You have so many better engines for this though starting with the 2AZFE makes little sense.

If I was going to do this to my daily driver I would limit myself to 6-8psi from idle to redline and just use a piggyback controller and bigger injectors.

Right now is a terrible time to do this build everyone is out of parts and chips right now! Car prices are stupid crazy so if you destroy something you might have a hard time getting replacements.

I had a hard time getting an engine hoist just a few months ago and engine supports that work were in short supply. I got the last Denso radiator at the time in America for my wife's 2007 as well a month ago. I like to think they have gotten more but not holding my breath!

I would reconsider this until the supply chain is more like normal!

·
Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
15,295 Posts
Basic question.
Can it pass a State or Local emissions and safety inspection once all this work is done?
Thats the limits here and many other places for performance upgrades or engine swaps.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the stock rods and crank are already forged. That does not mean they will take the power you want to put to them.

The 2AZFE is not a great design to build up for huge power. It can be done but it is not the ideal platform. The real limit it the stock ECU and injectors, cam and head.

The 2AZFE is a good platform for low boost like 4-8psi of boost.

The 2AZFE is not a terrible platform just not a great platform. You have so many better engines for this though starting with the 2AZFE makes little sense.

If I was going to do this to my daily driver I would limit myself to 6-8psi from idle to redline and just use a piggyback controller and bigger injectors.

Right now is a terrible time to do this build everyone is out of parts and chips right now! Car prices are stupid crazy so if you destroy something you might have a hard time getting replacements.

I had a hard time getting an engine hoist just a few months ago and engine supports that work were in short supply. I got the last Denso radiator at the time in America for my wife's 2007 as well a month ago. I like to think they have gotten more but not holding my breath!

I would reconsider this until the supply chain is more like normal!
Yea definitely isn’t the best but I’ve see people swap this engine into like frs’s and Toyota 86’s so I’m like it’s definitely good for something i talked to Shane blogs this is what he has done to his turbo setup
Purple Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle

Seems pretty solid but I may end up selling my 4cyl for the v6 I’m not sure yet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts