Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 SR5, PRE RUNNER Tacoma V-6.

Trying to get a few after market things.

The one question that keeps poping up is...

X-Runner or S-Runner?

Can anyone please explaine the difference to me? I thought I had a Pre Runner. So the sticker on the back of my truck says..

Thanks, Joe:hammer:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Or better yet, can someone hook me up with a part number for a hitch.

I have from:

Hidden Hitch 87581
Drawtight 75236.

·
Registered
16 Posts
X-Runner is the sport version of the 05+ S-Runner is the sport version of the 01-04 Prerunners are Tacoma's that are only 2wd but still have the lifted look...These are usually used in Baja Races and in the desert...Hope this cleared it up

N

·
0 Posts
Check out Quality S hitches if you will install yourself. Cost is $90( + shipping if no local dealer ).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got my hitch from U-haul. $119 plus tax. They had it locally. Even bolts to the bumper like the factory hitch. You can check it out on the web site.

Shane
06 Prerunner with options

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
x runner freak said:
X-Runner is the sport version of the 05+ S-Runner is the sport version of the 01-04 Prerunners are Tacoma's that are only 2wd but still have the lifted look...These are usually used in Baja Races and in the desert...Hope this cleared it up
You're only half correct.

The X-Runners are the 05 and up "sport" versions of the Tacoma with the ground effects.

The S-Runners were the same sport package but on the 2001 - 2004 models.

What you described("2wd but still have the lifted look") is a PreRunner. No matter what year it is.

EDIT: JoeZ, if your truck says PreRunner on it, it's a PreRunner. The problem that seems to be arising is the aftermarket's ignorance to all the different Toyota packages that are offered. Not saying that they're all like this, but my experience with counterpeople at most aftermarket chains is that they're so ignorant to all the makes, models and versions, and their suppliers and vendors don't provide them with information to help them learn the products, that it's sometimes useless to even try to go to an aftermarket place. When it comes to hitches though, you usually can't go wrong with U-haul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts