Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after I washed my taco, I was cleaning the door sills and noticed something. If you look between the door and the front fender on the passenger side, there is a rubber flap there. There was a leave sticking out. I pulled it out and noticed another. I pushed the flap in and noticed a wet soggy pile of leaves, pines, needles, etc. They tend to collect at the bottom of the fender well and I would think over time can cause rot. A little tough to get to, but my fingers were able to get far in enough to get most of it out. I then did the other side.

I figured I would mention it to those of you who park outside.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
that's a good tip. I'll have to check mine out. THX!!!

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
Thanks! I will definitely check it out. Its this kind of stuff that makes this forum great. I love discovering new things about my truck that I never would have known.

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts
Thanks, I just checked mine and found a bunch of Pine needles that need to be cleaned out. I will have to do it later when it stops raining.

·
Registered
2006 X-Runner
41 Posts
Hey bR6tt, thanks for the info, but what model-year TACO do you have?
(fill out your profile?)

I know my '91 4x2 collected needles & leaves in the same spot, but it was just open in the door frame - no rubber flap. I had to clean it it out at least once a year.

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
damn this is an old thread, how u find it Taco5? oh well good find.:thumbup: :)

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
this is a VERY common spot on cars and truck to collect falling leaves ect.. Good tip though. This is why most older cars trucks start to rust there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts