Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JUST RE ENGINEER IT
98 Prizum
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured it out, the old 85 is on its way to better health now, after 2 years, 2 yota dealers and countless shops i found it at my door monday, it has a ton of new parts on it but they missed the weak fuel pump i guess, the car is spotless and looks nice, it might be added to my camry stable before its over :clap:

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
Did I miss the thread about the history behind this post? It sounds like an interesting epic...

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,061 Posts
Niceee...

Any pictures? :naughty:

·
JUST RE ENGINEER IT
98 Prizum
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no pics yet, waiting on the owner to ok a pump

·
Going to rainforest, BRB
2014 Tacoma 4x4 RC
1,550 Posts
fredk said:
no pics yet, waiting on the owner to ok a pump
Does that mean if the owner doesn't ok the pump he'll likely sell it to you (cheap)?

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
fredk said:
I figured it out, the old 85 is on its way to better health now, after 2 years, 2 yota dealers and countless shops i found it at my door monday, it has a ton of new parts on it but they missed the weak fuel pump i guess, the car is spotless and looks nice, it might be added to my camry stable before its over :clap:
That's why I mention pump output and pressure so often here. So many shops overlook that aspect of diagnosis. It's the critical step in fuel injection protocol.

Good job!!!!

·
JUST RE ENGINEER IT
98 Prizum
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah timebuilder, i guess us old guys have to start somewhere huh?

·
ASE Master, now Realtor
A 1989 Camry
368 Posts
I just like to cover the bases in a sensible way, and get to the end without too many slings and arrows. :naughty:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts