Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from drivers that have used 4 season (mountain snowflake) tires like the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready or other brands. Here in Edmonton we don't get a huge amount of snow. In spring we can have 2 months of sunny dry pavement and then get a dump of snow that lasts a few days. Also on trips to the mountains there can be patches of snow. Not looking for high performance just decent traction. I have dedicated winters now but they aren't much better than all season tires on ice. I think replacing the tires every 2 1/2 to 3 years would be better that replacing 2 sets every 5 to 6 like I am now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wouldn't make more sense to talk to 2 or 3 tire retailers near you . They might not all agree but by finding out what they recommend to their customers will give you better information then random web responses.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,412 Posts
All-season tires are all season, they will work fine in all environments but will never be the best.

·
Registered
Prius
55 Posts
FWD and all season tires will do well ... for the most part in snow and ice. But if you get stuck ( I never had that happen) or have to climb a step grade covered with ice! (Had that happen) that is pretty much the limit of adhesion for that combo. :)

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
5,412 Posts
FWD and all season tires will do well ... for the most part in snow and ice. But if you get stuck ( I never had that happen) or have to climb a step grade covered with ice! (Had that happen) that is pretty much the limit of adhesion for that combo. :)
All season tires for the year, winter tires for the winter. That is my plan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So I guess that means no one here has had any actual experience with 4 season (mountain snowflake) tires. In my experience a salesperson they will tell you want to hear so that isn't a good source. That is why I started this thread. To hear about peoples experiences. These tires could be just the thing for many drivers but, at present, the only info I can find is from the manufacturers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Nissan 2002 that's my mother cars and do not drive at least one year their tire has been flat I use Roadside Assistance Services to reach garage Kindly suggest me a better tire for my vehicle which one is the best tires for the winter season. I have not any experienced regarding the tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts