Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install finished!
I actually have been running them since last Tuesday; just was a little slow getting the pics up.

First, a big thanks to Jack @ All Pro for getting missing parts out & answering questions via email so fast.
Here's what I was missing in the order. I still don't have the small spanner, but I just used a chisel & tap hammer to loosen & tighten the top retaining ring on the shock body once it's loose it turns by hand anyway.:

This is the last time the front will look like this. We pulled off the AlPro IFS & Tranny Skid plate before starting, so be able to see everything better (& to fix my screw-up where I snapped off a 12 mm mounting bolt in the frame this spring) Start by spraying some penetrating oil on the three OEM CO mounting nuts - on my rig they were NOT fun to get loose - especially the back one:

Remove the sway bar once the sway bar link is also removed:

Removing sway bar linkage:

Off comes the tie rod (A good whack with a hammer & it comes out once the castle nut is off:

Then it should look like this:

Leftovers:

Sway bar off-set spacers give clearance so CO don't rub; and the reservoir bracket mounts here as well:

The new CO go in. As dialled in from the factory, I got about 1.25" of front lift, which almost levelled the truck) - so we didn't have to turn the adjustment rings much at all. Off-set spacer was positioned so the shock is closer to the front axle, and farther away from sway bar.

Top of CO gets bolted in from top; uses factory holes but NOT the factory mounting bolts which are stuck in the OEM shock mount. We had to dig up our own bolts. I used lock-washers & flat washer; hand tighten. Notice I routed the reservoir braided hose under the UCA; hope that is OK - I don't think it has enough travel to actually come down tight against the coil & sever the hose - does it?

After you wrestle the bottom mount into the channel (you'll need to tap it with a hammer a bit to get the off-set spacers in the channel); re-install sway-bar & tie rod Here's a couple of views:

Installing the Front Timbren bump-stops:

Another view:

This is how the truck sits now:

I'm letting it all level / shake out, then I'll re-adjust to final (for now) height. After I replace rear susp, obviously will have to re-adjust again.

cheers!

Dante

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's pretty sweet - smooth but firm is the best I can come up with.

I haven't wheeled it yet. <can't wait>

No vibes at any speed I've been at yet :lol:

Side effect: really hate my rear suspension now...

D

·
Take off, eh!
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dammnn Man, that's wicked looking...

AllPro had some "issues" with my order, so instead of Fox Resi Rear + Expedition 3" leafs...something else arrived. :rolleyes: so awaiting correct part & then will have a part II of this thread (i.e. the rear lift)

But again, that's a damn fine truck right there Sir.

G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts