Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from the dealer, informed my 2101 Tundra's frame is rusted through.
Have a case number, this should be interesting....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone else been through this yet?
I bought this truck new from the dealer, second new Toyota truck I have bought from them.
Based on the Tacoma issues, it sounds like they will either buy the truck back from me at KBB+??, or replace the frame, at a cost to them of aprox 12K.
What A mess, truck is an 01 w/ 118K, well taken care of, had hoped to put 200K on it

·
11,328 Posts
If I remember it correctly, I believe Toyota will buy back the truck. It's been a little over a year and a half since this issue has come out.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I just traded in my 09 Corolla Xrs on a beautiful 01 Tundra TRD. Love the truck, while I was looking it over before I bought it I noticed a small rust hole in the rear crossmember that Toyota will be replacing for free, rest of truck is solid. Sad news that yours is beyond repair.

I have been through the Tacoma frame recall already, losing my beloved 96 taco 4wd in 2008. Toyota was buying back the taco's at 1.5% the black book value (it's called the black book in Canada). I received almost 17000 for my taco in May 08. The process was painfully slow however taking about 3 months to complete. I begged toyota Canada to let me buy back the truck and rebuild it since the frame was mostly solid but the answer was no:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts