Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in calgary alberta, i have a 1990 sr5 coupe, 4a-fe engine in great mechanichal shape. the problem, there's some kind of weird wiring fault, possibly a ecu problem, i don't have money, time, or room to figure out what the hell is wrong with it, i've wasted 4 days over the past 3 weeks trying to figure it out and i've given up. if anyone here wants to take a hack at it, you can have it if you come get it, the body is in okay shape, a little rust on the wheel wells, a couple small dents on it. what i really want is for someone to take it for a project car. i don't know. it's this, or sell it to a junkyard, and i don't want it to end like that.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
post it on www.dorikaze.com lots of calgarians there that may either take it or give you a hand figuring out what's wrong. :)

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
Wow! I had been looking for one of those for a while and ended up buying a 4dr. Now you are giving it away.

If I were closer I would surely come and get that baby.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
dakmor said:
Hmmm, how much would shipping to the state of Pennsylvania be(USA)?
factor in the cost of legalizing it for the states. it won't be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it really that hard to bring a car into the states? bringing one into canada is easy, you just pay the duty, get an inspection to make sure its safe on the roads, and register it. heh. i'mma be doing that this fall probably, got an '85 celica waiting in spokane washington, just gotta rebuild the engine as it hasn't been started in 3 years. it's gonna be one of them bonding things with me and my dad, he loves the 60's fords, i love the 80's japanese cars, he picked up a celica for free for me off of some guy he works with.

and ren69, thanks for the lead, that dori-kaze site seems good, tho i'm still waiting for approval from a moderator to log on :p it asked me if i had my own tools.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Never asked me that.. LOL! give it a little while, someone will let you in soon. :)

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
I thought the Canadian motor vehicle regs were similar to the US.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
similar, yes, but not exact. the taxes to switch it over to the US would render it useless for this vehicle.

it's a paperwork nightmare, as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
damn. how do i delete this thread? i found a free place to park it for 3 or 4 months

and people ask me why i stay on good terms with my exes.

·
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Well, if you're not giving it away anymore.. I'll close the thread for you. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.