Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-10 degrees here right now, husband is out of town working and I'm really hoping someone on here knows this problem and can help me.i dont have money to fix at dealership so I'm gonna fix the problem myself. So my heater just stopped working one day. The radio works and hazard lights work. But the knobs dont turn on.its not the knobs, the display is on and lit up on the heater element, but when you push the buttons on the heater display nothing happens. I got a heater blower motor from the junk yard and installed it. there is no difference. Please help I'm freezing and need this fixed TODAY, my kids will be riding with me, thanks guys I appreciate ANY HELP or advice

·
Registered
2002 Toyota Sequoia
95 Posts
-10 degrees here right now, husband is out of town working and I'm really hoping someone on here knows this problem and can help me.i dont have money to fix at dealership so I'm gonna fix the problem myself. So my heater just stopped working one day. The radio works and hazard lights work. But the knobs dont turn on. The lights on the display are lit up on the heater display, but when you push the buttons nothing happens. I got a heater blower motor from the junk yard and installed it. there is no difference. Please help I'm freezing and need this fixed thanks guys so much.
If you have no air at all try replacing the blower relay fuse under the hood where the fuse box is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have no air at all try replacing the blower relay fuse under the hood where the fuse box is.
Thank you so much. I will try this. What does it look like? Is it a normal fuse or a box looking fuse? Also what would it be labelled as? That k you for responding. I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
119 Posts
Your engine bay should look like this pic....and when you open the cover box lid, look at the legend of the fuses ....and look for the one stating blower fan.
Toyota-Sequoia-2001-2007_en.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This sounds like a problem with the controls on the dash to me. What year is the vehicle?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
Thank you, I wish it was. The knobs are fine it's just not turning on when I turn the knobs.. none of the buttons on the heater module are working either. None of the buttons work. The display for the heater is on and is lit up, but nothing is working on the heater at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I wish it was. The knobs are fine it's just not turning on when I turn the knobs.. none of the buttons on the heater module are working either. None of the buttons work. The display for the heater is on and is lit up, but nothing is working on the heater at all.
It's a 2007 sequoia also.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
670 Posts
I’m guessing a fuse or the controls are bad sometimes the contacts on the knobs need cleaned and re-greased

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m guessing a fuse or the controls are bad sometimes the contacts on the knobs need cleaned and re-greased
Yeah maybe a fuse, but I dont know which one to start with. But it's not the knobsbecause none of the buttons work. Not just the knobs. All the buttons are not working.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah maybe a fuse, but I dont know which one to start with. But it's not the knobsbecause none of the buttons work. Not just the knobs. All the buttons are not working.
All the buttons are not working. The ac button, auto, floor, hot cold. All of it stopped working.. I wish I could post pics on here.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Camry, 2017 Toyota Camry, and many many more lol
670 Posts
Yeah maybe a fuse, but I dont know which one to start with. But it's not the knobs I know that. It not like the ones that click at number 1,2,3 etc.... it just slides smoothly. It's not the knobs.
The fuse box will have a diagram of all the fuses and you can pull the one it is out to see if it is bad. If you have a test light you can test it without taking it out and looking at it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The fuse box will have a diagram of all the fuses and you can pull the one it is out to see if it is bad. If you have a test light you can test it without taking it out and looking at it.
So just check every fuse you think? What about the big box ones? How do I check those?

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
119 Posts
So just check every fuse you think? What about the big box ones? How do I check those?
Once again...the fuse box cover will have a top view of all the fuses and what amps they are and to what they service. Just look for the one that says something to the line of blower fan or heater control. Pull that fuse out and look sideways......you'll see the side view of the fuse.....the wire inside will be shaped like a OHM shape....and you should see it burnt away....hopefully. If Toyota was good to you....you may have some spares on the box cover....replace it....and Bobs your uncle......otherwise go to your nearest parts centre and just show them the burnt out one and they'll hook you up with a new one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The only way to properly diagnose this is to see what the body control module is saying. The fact that ALL THE BUTTONS AND KNOBS DON'T WORK BUT THE DISPLAY IS ON means that there is an error the computer sees and it's not going to allow operation until the fault is rectified.
So, the fact that you are on here tells me you probably have a computer. I suggest purchasing a "mini-vci toyota techstream cable". They run about $30. Once you have that in hand you'll need to install Techstream on a laptop ( google it, older versions can be had for free). Then, you can talk to all the different computers in the rig. Trust me, it's worth it! Not just for this, either. Need to program new keys or key fob? How about set the auto door lock to off? Wonder why the rear window/wiper isn't working? Guess what... All available with Techstream.
Or you can insist that the computer that runs the heater, and the keyboard (all those buttons and knobs) is fine and randomly replace more parts. Your choice.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
15,011 Posts
This sounds like broken knobs.

These trucks can have issues where the knob breaks internally where it grips to selector switch, this can actually get worse when it's cold as they get more brittle.

You can easily confirm this by grabbing the knob and pulling straight off. If the knob is broken, get a new knob.

They cost around $4 each on ebay. I literally just dealt with this issue yesterday.

Reactions: AutoMechanic
1 - 16 of 16 Posts