Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to change my front rotors on my 91 toyota 2wd truck. I got the rotor and axle hub assemblie off, but I can not get the axle hub assembly loose from the rotor. Any suggestions, and where can I buy a new one besides a dealer? I checked at auto zone and advanced and neither one carries it. Thanks.

·
Dave's
1,946 Posts
I thought the hub and rotor were one piece. You replace the bearings and races (or use the old ones if you decide they're OK). This is assuming the rotor is damaged and needs replacing. They are not like a front wheel drive where the rotor is usually separate. (Or am I totally off-base?)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought new rotors, and they are two piece. I have a haynes manual and it shows it separate. You can buy the wheel studs at auto zone, and if they did not come apart you would never be able to replace just the studs..

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
I thought the hub and rotor were one piece. You replace the bearings and races (or use the old ones if you decide they're OK). This is assuming the rotor is damaged and needs replacing. They are not like a front wheel drive where the rotor is usually separate. (Or am I totally off-base?)
This is how it was on my 4x4, not sure about two wheel drive. It seems like the rotor/hub would be one piece, maybe they are pressed together?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.