Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering because I spent hours looking things up and trying to match things out, that is there any Brembo Calipers built for a 94 Tercel's front end breaks? I know this sounds a little much for just a Tercel but I plan on building this thing into a race car.

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
Hmm, im not sure there is

I think for racing people usualy change the disk itself to a drilled and cross hatched one, for better cooling during races, and change the brake pads and break them in for racing specificly - no idea how thats done. Normaly the pads are broken in by stopping slow, i guess for racing u stop em quick first few hundred times, they must stop better but wear out quicker too

I found some on ebay they dont exacly scream RACING though check it out...

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_kw=toyota+tercel&_kw=brake&_kw=caliper

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the prices of some of them. I already have ordered drilled rotors, and I have some nice brake pads, the only reason I ask about the calipers is because Brembo's site is somewhat confusing when it comes to looking at their caliper catalog. I cleared the brakes better because I have 15" Momo Rims instead of the stock 13" wheels that come with the car. I'm not /too/ concerned about the size of the caliper itself just if any Brembo Calipers were mountable to the Tercel without drastic DIY mounting.

·
Valerii Racing
'94 Toyota Tercel
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I must ask, I see one of the mods listed under your signature is a voltage stabilizer. What's your opinion on it, and how well does it affect your car? I've been thinking of getting a CWest Voltage Stabilizer for a while now.

G

·
I must ask, I see one of the mods listed under your signature is a voltage stabilizer. What's your opinion on it, and how well does it affect your car? I've been thinking of getting a CWest Voltage Stabilizer for a while now.
I noticed a small difference with it but I'd say buy it more for looks than performance. Had mine for about 4-5 years, just got rid of it recently. Basically, its just a capacitor in a fancy looking box with ring terminal wires. . In theory, a stabilizer will filter the voltage produced by the alternator to smooth the waveform and eliminate minor fluctuations(tenths of a volt). Since filter caps tend to do a lot of work, i got rid of mine before it could cause a problem. The case was starting to rust/corrode as well. I'll be hunting Ebay for a new one eventually.:D

·
Registered
510 Posts
Those do nothing.

Your battery does far more to "stabilize"( filter) your voltage than a few tiny capacitors.

The maufacturer has made a product for a problem that does not exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts