Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a 2000 Camry, V6. She has been experiencing a lot of pulsation when braking. I decided to change her front brake rotors. No problem removing the calipers or the torque plate that the caliper attaches to, but then the problems began. It seems that the rotor has rusted around the cenetr hole and probably on the back side. I have tried banging on the rotor with a hammer, but that didn't seem to work. Maybe I just need a bigger hammer. Anyway, any help here would be greatly appreciated.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
don't bang TOO hard with a hammer, especially if you have abs....

but your rotor should have a little hole on the face of it, and it's made so you can put a bolt into there and it'll pop the rotor off....find a bolt with a thread that fits. and just use a ratchet and pop it out :thumbup:

·
Pochacco Owns Me
3,123 Posts
check for screws holding on the rotor on the front. you might need an impact screwdriver to take off those screws. i'm not sure if you have those screws or not but i've seen them on a few cars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Life is good. Tried finding some bolts to screw in the holes to free the rotor but eirher came up with the wrong size or wrong threads. I finally squirted some Liquid Wrench into each of the holes for the lug bolts as well as in the small holes used for the pry screws, let it sit for a few minutes and then used a LARGE hammer from the back side of the rotor. It worked. The new ones went on in a flash and we no longer have drastic pulsations when we brake.

Thanks to every one who helped with a suggestion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts