Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing my 1st Front brake pads, after 200k miles of service, on my 2008 Scion xD.. ..WOW! the old pads were listed as part number 0446502220, and the dealership is recommending 04465az114....... I would prefer to use the original part number/pads, but the dealer advised that the new pads are what they would install........I think the original is a ceramic pad and the 2nd set of pads of some type of metallic composite pad......anyone thought any thoughts on what's the best brake pads to use

·
2,656 Posts
They're a superseded part number available to dealers that are part of the Toyota Care Program.

Dealers will typically stock these pads for inventory (us included) because the price of your OE pads are $102.50 vs the retail price of the TCMC pads at $55.00. It's hard to sell 100 dollar brake pads.

The AZ114 pads are an organic compound pad set.

The original pad sets are still readily available, but your local dealer will have to break up the supersession in their system to place an order for them. Not a big deal, but you'll have to specify that you want the original number, but the TCMC set.

·
2,656 Posts
Part was superseded for a reason. Might want to stick to that unknown reason when changing them out. Your choice in the end on how much you want "old" part (numbers).
They're a superseded number because a less expensive option became available to dealers that were part of the Star Elite program through TCMC, not because of a design flaw or manufacturer defect, recall, supply issue, etc...

It's because the original pads are over 100 dollars, and the AZ pads are 55 dollars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts