Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Camry XLE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to TN and just wanted to know where i can get a nice bumper for my 1997 Camry XLE i recently got in a little crash and my bumper is messed up i dont want to get a stock bumper but one that looks nice on my camry does anyone know any websites that have custom bumpers?

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
2,376 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
This is cool. I need to replace my rear trunk lid. Is there any place that sells one prepainted black? Thanks.
If you're try to match the factory color of your car, best to find a Ebay seller with a used one with the same color or hunt around junkyards and Craigslist. Every aftermarket body part mostly comes with a primer black paint. It's not base coat paint with clear coat on top. It will start rusting when moisture soak through the primer.

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,186 Posts
If you're try to match the factory color of your car, best to find a Ebay seller with a used one with the same color or hunt around junkyards and Craigslist. Every aftermarket body part mostly comes with a primer black paint. It's not base coat paint with clear coat on top. It will start rusting when moisture soak through the primer.
If your looking for cost, this is the way to go. Since the Gen4 Camry is so common, finding parts will sometimes pop up one way or the other - in your color.

As mention, 1997-1999 is the only option unless you want to mod in the 00-01 bumper and the headlight and side markers. It will require some modification and cutting of the front supports to fit this along with wiring modification for the headlights.

If it is JUST the bumper cover, you can probably get it at a pick and pull junkyard or craiglist it.

Not sure about how others feel but I find aftermarket bumpers inferior to the boring OEM design. I see so much riced out cars with ebay headlight and bumpers looking so yikes... :eek:
But then again, each to their own.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru BRZ
2,376 Posts
I have never tried to remove and re-install a trunk lid. How difficult is it? Anybody did it in the past?

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,186 Posts
I have never tried to remove and re-install a trunk lid. How difficult is it? Anybody did it in the past?
Could had sworn I did it once.

Make sure you disconnect any cables/connections. I'd recommend a helper to hold the trunk lid while you tighten/loosen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.