Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that the front view does NOT show black even though the birds eye does?
I mean the front view shows black. I can't see anything with the front camera. It just shows a black screen on that part. I attached some pictures

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, all of your pictures showed the birds eye views. Which made me wonder if that implied that the standard straight-ahead (ie: single camera forward view) was still working.

(I would assume that view is not working as well since that camera failing or being covered is the simple way to fail, but if it only fails in the birds eye, then it seems more like a software failure.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, all of your pictures showed the birds eye views. Which made me wonder if that implied that the standard straight-ahead (ie: single camera forward view) was still working.

(I would assume that view is not working as well since that camera failing or being covered is the simple way to fail, but if it only fails in the birds eye, then it seems more like a software failure.)
Yes it doesn't work at all. Whenever the single camera forward view comes up in pre-collision warning, my screen shows total black. How do i fix the software failure

·
Registered
47 Posts
That makes it sound more like a camera failure to me. (I'm assuming you've looked at the actual camera in the grill in and looks physically OK?)

I think when I have played with simple little cameras, just disconnecting one has left a black image. I don't know if the Toyota cameras have any diagnostics in them. If someone who doesn't know more comes along, maybe a trip to the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
The front camera that's used for showing you forward pictures (such as the Bird's Eye View) is in the grille a little below the Toyota emblem. There's definitely something wrong with it. If it looks OK and the wiring hasn't come loose, you'll want to visit the dealer to get it checked out. The software won't suddenly decide to ignore one camera for no reason.

Note this is not the camera that's used by the Toyota Safety Sense systems - that one is glued to the windshield behind the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The front camera that's used for showing you forward pictures (such as the Bird's Eye View) is in the grille a little below the Toyota emblem. There's definitely something wrong with it. If it looks OK and the wiring hasn't come loose, you'll want to visit the dealer to get it checked out. The software won't suddenly decide to ignore one camera for no reason.

Note this is not the camera that's used by the Toyota Safety Sense systems - that one is glued to the windshield behind the rearview mirror.
I think i will try to replace the front camera then see if the problem will be solved. Buying a new one is very expensive. Do you have any idea where i can buy a used front camera?

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
Check the wiring first and make sure something wasn't disconnected or damaged.

I'm afraid I don't know where to get a used one.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
5,983 Posts
Camera replacement is going to require recalibration by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
3,560 Posts
Even for the Bird's Eye camera? This isn't the TSS camera.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
5,983 Posts
Even for the Bird's Eye camera? This isn't the TSS camera.
Car Care Nut talked about the side cameras, which are only used for the Bird's Eye system.
The corners of the car need to be aligned... I don't now if it is because of the parking assist possibly using the cameras or what.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts