Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Camry
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its funny, I had just been thinking about getting a Corolla while I was on holidays... and now I have one I got for almost nothing. Its a 1997 SD auto in, you guessed it, beige. I was just thinking that I would swap the front sheet metal for the 2002 style since Ive always liked them anyways. I was also thinking I would get a 4AGE blacktop in there too, since it has a rod knock anyways. Bottom line here is, has anyone changed the front end of thier 93-97??

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I doubt they would line up, they're totally different styles. I would second the blacktop idea though.

BTW where in Bowmanville are you?? I work there, at a certain big warehouse on Baseline. :)

·
Registered
1986 Camry
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To me, these look pretty similar, and even to see the cars, the dimentions look pretty close.

This is what I have

This is the clip I want to put on.

G

·
well i'm sure you can get it to work, would look interesting when your done. but i think the newer corolla is just a tab bit wider, that would make some fitment issues on yours.

·
Registered
1986 Camry
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Flashmn said:
Dimensions are quite different and they wont fit vice versa period.
So you've tried it then? If that was the case I would probably try to get that round headlight setup, that looks good. Probably Il get cheap and do nothing cosmetic though.

Actually, I'm sure your right, just the same I'm going to check it out this after noon, since mine is already here at the dealer, and we have a used 99 out there.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,669 Posts
I'd go with an AE102 Japanese style bumper and lights, Bluemeanie is selling a set of JDM lights on the for sale forums, check it out.

I sent you a PM, you'll probably see me at Clarington Toyota sometime soon, oil change time. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts