Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed some oil around the front differential.

I wanted to check the fluid but don't have what looks like an Allen that big.

Can anyone tell me the size of the Allen I need? Are both the fill and drain on the front the same size?

Thank you

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok. I have Read lots of confusing information on the hex socket size for the front differential on my 04 tundra.

is it a 10 mm or a 12 mm I have read both on different websites.

I believe my drain plug is leaking and I would like to remove the filler plug first check the fluid and then drain it and refill but I don't know the size of the plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Camry,91 CelicaGT
171 Posts
Sorry , I don't know that info but maybe you could measure it or buy a set that includes many sizes like this : http://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-38-and-12-drive-metric-hex-bit-socket-set-67880.html
If measuring is too difficult and you have any metric bolts about, you could try sticking the head of the bolt, in the allen plug to see what the correct size is.
Should you also have nuts for said bolt, you may be able to use them, with the bolt, by locking the nuts against each other, then insert the bolt head in the allen bolt.
I personal would buy a set like the one I listed above. That's how you build a tool collection, it will be easier and you have it for next time. Buying a single allen socket may cost as much, or close to as much, the set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts