Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone notice that there are multiple people saying that the front drivers side mud flap has been ripped or broken off and they are asking where to find a replacement? Mine too is hanging on by a thread, but the problem is i havent done any offroading that would cause it to break. It is breaking right along a seam in the rubber/plastic (whatever they are made of)... I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if anyone has heard of some sort of a recall? I have checked the other three flaps and they are all fine on my truck!

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Tacoma
19 Posts
Ya know my flap ripped off when I was helping a buddy move. I backed over a curb and the damn thing ripped right off but the passenger side was fine........I was pissed off till I realized the taco looks better without the flaps.

·
Registered
947 Posts
jeep2toco said:
Anyone notice that there are multiple people saying that the front drivers side mud flap has been ripped or broken off and they are asking where to find a replacement? Mine too is hanging on by a thread, but the problem is i havent done any offroading that would cause it to break. It is breaking right along a seam in the rubber/plastic (whatever they are made of)... I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if anyone has heard of some sort of a recall? I have checked the other three flaps and they are all fine on my truck!
Mine did it two weeks ago on front passengers side. Just ripped along the outline of the under body, very clean like too. No biggie, as Toyota replaced it the next day under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input... good to know they will replace it under waranty! I'll get it done on my next oil change!

·
Registered
06 Taco DC on 33s
51 Posts
Hmm... Mine fell off to when I grabbed it, pulled and twisted it off and threw it into the dumpster with the other front flap. sawzall took care of about 3" off the front corner of the front wheel well too.

·
money pit
337 Posts
yea those fronts arent worth a darn:thumbdown , they keep the side of truck clean but if its a 4x4 you gotta show that mud. i mean i would drive over speedbumps and it would hit the flap, if you do any wheelin forget it, mine was the first to go...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the dealership put another on as well.

Seems like a common problem, and if you take them off rocks will ding your underside

·
Registered
Nothing @ the moment
413 Posts
MDTacoma said:
Ya know my flap ripped off when I was helping a buddy move. I backed over a curb and the damn thing ripped right off but the passenger side was fine........I was pissed off till I realized the taco looks better without the flaps.
I agree! Mine never ripped off, but I took them off. Can't stand the things.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
Rock teared my front passenger flap off. They went to longer flaps on the 06+ models and they are WAY too long. I tore the other 3 off. Looks better & less rubbing with 33s. As far as all the rocks dinging the truck, sure it happens but not that big of a deal. I usually do a quick walk around after wheeling and remove the handful of embeded rocks. But that is more of a consideration for the poor guys drivng behind me than anything else.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yes, they are too long. I was thinking about cutting mine down. Has anybody done this successfully?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just to warn you if you cut or "modify" it at all they won't cover it. Mine tore and was hanging on by about an inch of mat'l. I drilled 2 holes and zip tied it back together and they wouldn't replace it because I "modified" it. [email protected]

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
HUTCHSTACo said:
they prolly lengthened them because of the 05 chipping paint
That's what I've been told. I took my flaps off a day after I bought my truck. It does look a helluva lot better without them, but I wish they were shorter or were the flexible type like the previous Tacoma so they wouldn't look like shit and break easily. I'm starting to accumulate small chips under the rear 1/4 panels (but no chips on the door or rockers on the front).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts