Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at wrapping/dipping those chrome/aluminum slats on the front grills and want to know if anyone has had experience popping these off? Want to get a little insight before I take some pry-tools to them and start prying away.

Project StromTrooper has begun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
The chrome pieces do not just pry off. I took the upper grill completely out. Really easy. Snaps up top and snapped in at the bottom. The Phillips head screws for the chrome are on the back. I had to do this to wrap the upper chrome with 3m gloss black vinyl wrap. The bottom grille I wrapped in place, so I am not sure how to remove that grill. I bought a 75 ft roll More than enough. Turned out very nice

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The chrome pieces do not just pry off. I took the upper grill completely out. Really easy. Snaps up top and snapped in at the bottom. The Phillips head screws for the chrome are on the back. I had to do this to wrap the upper chrome with 3m gloss black vinyl wrap. The bottom grille I wrapped in place, so I am not sure how to remove that grill. I bought a 75 ft roll More than enough. Turned out very nice
Perfect. Pretty much the exact info I was looking for. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looking at wrapping/dipping those chrome/aluminum slats on the front grills and want to know if anyone has had experience popping these off? Want to get a little insight before I take some pry-tools to them and start prying away.

Project StromTrooper has begun!
I have the 2018 limited platinum and wanted to Black it out. I taped and stuck plastic behind and plastidiped them. They have lasted over a year and look great.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the 2018 limited platinum and wanted to Black it out. I taped and stuck plastic behind and plastidiped them. They have lasted over a year and look great.
Seems like this is probably the simplest and easiest way to do it.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Best I found on ebay was this black grille.

Would love to know if there is a better option than spending $150.
This looks better. I think you have to take the bumper off though correct?

Ah thought you got pre cut shapes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
14 Participants
Bjnzzzle
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing