Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much height are you guys getting with your Toytec/OME 885s? I have Toyo A/T 285/70/17 and OME885 w/ Toytec top spacer. I measure 38" from the ground through the center of the hub to the fender. The rear is 40.5" because my Canadian leafs are a 3pack stock, as compared to 2pack in the US. I wish the front had a little more clearance as I have seen many photos on here with the same lift and they look a little higher. Although my eyes could be playing tricks on me because my rear is so high.

Any comments? Can you all give me some front heights you are getting?

Thanks in advance!!!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p153/Leafster1/IMG_1917.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone? A lot of Toytec lifts with the same tire setup on here, someone must know their fender heights. I just need to know if I'm an inch too low in relation to other trucks so I can move on to the next step.

·
Registered
'06 4dr 4x4TRD
81 Posts
I'll try and remember to take a look at my measurement notes when I get home. Surprisingly I remembered to take before and after measurements when I did my lift. I still have the stock tires, but if my memory serves me correctly, I think that I'mhigher than 38" in the front. I'll let you know later tonight or tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma TRD SP
110 Posts
eyedoc said:
it does look a little low...Hmmm
That measurement does seem a little low, if that is with the larger tires that is.

Just to give you any idea, I have an Access Cab with the #884 coils (no top spacer) with 265/70/17's and mine measures 37 1/4" from ground to center front fender.

·
Registered
06 Tacoma Access SR5
462 Posts
You guys really need to measure from the fender to the middle of the wheel (hub) as this will eliminate any difference in tire size.
Even with the same tire size, most tires will have a different rolling radius.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Canadian leafs come from a different plant apparently. Weird. I also had to cut 1/2" from my AAL because they were binding with the spring clamp. It kind of sucks because my front end seems lower and the rear is higher and sproings like crazy and tops out the rear shocks on speed bumps. I went to the dealer today and measured a stock truck to the hub center and it's 2.5" higher than the front stock too so I may just remove the AAL and see if she sits level.

Anybody know when I'll be able to attach pictures? Do I have to beg the administrator or something? Here's the link to the photo of the spring pack.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p153/Leafster1/DSC00013.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK thanks, newbie here.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I'm at 39.5" on both sides of the front!
The rear is 40". (And I removed the thick helper spring in the rear)
With the stock tire and rims I was at 38.25" in the front.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
What type of tires you got there? NOT all tire are the same height they may have the same size label but your tires maybe shorter than our BFG's.
I know that I can't run with my front mud flaps because the tires will rub. But I see that you still have yours on? So it could be your tires!!

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
Measured mine this morning.

With 285/70-17 BFG T/A's, and 17x9 wheels, my front driver's side is at 39.25". Front passenger side is at 39.5". Rear, both sides are at 40" even.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the Toyo Open Country A/T. My tires rub the mub flap a little bit but there's so much sand and gravel on the roads here in the winter I just put up with it. They also rub on the innner front fender. I can fix that up, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks to all for confirming I'm a little short in the front, I assume it may also be weight transfer as the rear is significantly higher. I think I may remove the AAl as I hate the way it rides anyway, I can't do more than 3 mph over a speed bump or it clangs and the shocks top out. I think I'll see what happens and maybe spend a bit more and get some Deavers.

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
Tacoma's are only made in two places, one is Tijuana Mexico, and the other is Fremont California. The Tacomas sold in Canada are no different then the ones sold in the US, check the VIN, you'll see. I can't explain why Leafster you have 3 leafs but as a Canadian who owns a Tacoma I know it's not normal, is yours a new truck? Perhaps Toyota finally got around to changing the leaf design, I don't know. I'm sure other Candians will chime in here to further support what I'm saying.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Adventure North said:
Tacoma's are only made in two places, one is Tijuana Mexico, and the other is Fremont California. The Tacomas sold in Canada are no different then the ones sold in the US, check the VIN, you'll see. I can't explain why Leafster you have 3 leafs but as a Canadian who owns a Tacoma I know it's not normal, is yours a new truck? Perhaps Toyota finally got around to changing the leaf design, I don't know. I'm sure other Candians will chime in here to further support what I'm saying.
Hmm, well it is a 2007 so maybe it's a running change. Mine has the 6500 pound tow package, maybe they install a different leaf pack with that? I don't know, the people at Toytec were the ones who mentioned that Canadian Tacomas had leaf packs made in a different plant..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts