Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading my post.
Well my FRONT and rear disks are completly rusted up, Im even using KIA 14 inch stock rims on the back because they are much better. I would realy love to replace em. What I have is a nice set of Alloy Rims :toomuchin
The tire fits but will not rotate because of the Tercel horribly large brake caliper in the front. :deadhorse

Rims I have are 5-J 13-45 So there 35 Something too small?
I know that Tercel can fit 13 or 14 inch 145/80 and 155/80.

I think the alloys will fit if i move it out at least an inch.

• My question is obviosly has anyone done this?
  • Can it be done?
  • What size are tercel stock bolts?
  • What oversize bolts should i get?

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im giving up on this idea, i found right size bolts but they are pricy...

I saw something liek this on ebay

Has anyone used WHEEL SPACERS before? Will 25MM be enuff for me to be able to use R13 45 Wheels?

·
Registered
92 SEO, 03 WRX
5 Posts
I was just about to suggest spacers as a viable alternative! 25mm is just short of one inch. I can't say for certain that's enough space, math and I don't do well together. Can you source the spacers locally? Perhaps craigslist? Test fit them and see, if they work or return or resell them?

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
I would suggest measuring the offset on the wheels you want to use and then measuring the distance from the hub/rotor to the obstruction and doing the math... but that might get lost here.

·
No More Turbos!
1999 Toyota Tercel
172 Posts
The Tercel has a 4X100 bolt pattern. Factory tires on Tercels with steel rims are 155/80R13. So basicly if you go to a 14 inch rim it should clear everything. If you have to move the wheels out using a spacer then you're running the wrong offset rim and should look into purchasing the proper one. The proper offset you should be running for proper clearance is 35mm or 38mm depending on manufacturer.
Personally I don't like spacers but hey if you want to go that way thats your right.

·
Banned
93 tercel
430 Posts
The proper offset is 35mm some have gotten away with 0 offset on a 15x8 inch wheel or (rim) as you kids today call them.
And the back spacing is around 4.5-5.5 If I remember correctly.

G

·
DEFINITION:
A RIM is the U-shaped thingie on the outside, to which the tire is attached - like the rim of a bicycle, which is the outer part, sans spokes.
A WHEEL is the whole thing - in other words - it is the rim and the center thingie, whether with spokes like a bicycle wheel or a metal like steel or aluminum as automobiles use nowadays.
Note that a bicycle wheel also has a hub with bearings which wheels of a modern car do not have.

Sheesh!
Tom M.

·
... It still runs...
Tercel
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Last time i measured it it was around 1 inch. Lame part is I have to lift up the car and take off the wheels to measure. I thought math would help but it never seizes to fail...
AHHHHHHHH

I obviously cant afford "the right" offset alluminum rims. I got a set of nice used ones but they are wrong size only 40 on the inside, arent deep enuff. Buying right size tires, that would be too easy! I saved up for the rubber, but i fear is wheel guy is gonna tell me "your metal rims are no good" again. Id rather not buy stock rubber on rusty rims... Ones at the junkyard are kinda messed up too and its very far. Not to mention stock tires look ... well :lame: Even with the "silver" paint i put on em.

Regular lug studs are cheap as hell, 1-2$? I couldn't find cheap oversize bolts, they run up around 50$ and the effort to install them is a pain. And i would need a spacer anyway. I don't have a hydraulic press or a car lift so.. Id rather take out the damn engine again. :headbang:

On the other hand the spacers seem kinda flimsy and not cheap also :facepalm:. But available in a variety of sizes

I'm gonna keep looking for rims somewhere or into spacer. Thanks for your help guys. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts