Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TN User
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a front mount receiver that isn't 500.00?
For now, until I learn otherwise, I believe Warn trans4mer, Wincher, etc are overkill for what I need.
A welder in my area suggested a winch mounted on a plate to insert into a receiver on either end of the truck.
So, he's looking in his trailer, cuz he thinks he might have one in there, somewhere.

Ken
'95 T100 SR5 4wd
Waynesville, NC

Reactions: bigsky212

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts

·
TN User
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems they make front hitch receivers fer the Tundra...might be worth a peek. You might have to elongate the mounting holes a little to make it work. ;)
Thank you,
I have entered the 95 T100 for Curt, Reese, Draw Tite, Hidden Hitch and they say it won't work.

Any particular year of Tundra that would be closest? As in least alteration?

Or, any that I can find used, that would also work.

I am unfamiliar with the differences/similarities between T100, Tacoma, and Tundra.

Thanks,
Ken

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
It would have to be the first gen Tundra (2000-2004). I got the idea from the Westin Bull Bar thread that got adapted to the T-100. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
Could you measure the dimensions between the holes in the front frame? If you contact the manufacturers and ask them fer the dimensions of the Tundra front hitch, I'm sure you will only have to build an adapter plate from 1/4" flat steel to work with the front hitch. ;)

I would help you on this but I only have a 2WD T-100...and those frames are different up front. :(

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
According to this retailer the front receiver dimensions are 42"x20"x10".

So yer front frame width should be pretty close to 42" wide. That should give you a pretty good idea if the first gen Tundra front mount receiver will work with yer T-100 or not. The other dimensions would be 20" from the frame to the front and 10" down from the frame. Not sure if it will clear yer valence or not. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,675 Posts
This one seems to have a lot of potential... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts