Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
07 Camry SE & 03 Acura TL
'07 Camry SE
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with people putting their front licence plate off to one side instead of in the middle?

Anyhow, back to my original dilemma: should I pay the dealer $25 (if I recall correctly) for the front plate bracket/support or should and after-market one suffice? (car was bought in a state that does not require front plates thus it does not have the support for it). I just don't want to damage the bumper and do a hack job. thanks

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Just don't even bother putting it on, it's much cleaner looking. That's why you see sports cars hardly every have a front plate on, even in states that do require one (like Wisconsin).

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
It depends on people's styles. Some prefer stock looking; some don't. I don't think many cars here will have better resale value than a stock-looking car even though these cars may look and perform better, especially when you modify performance parts. For instance, lowering a car has a firm ride and may have a better look, but many people prefer a comfortable ride. Some prefer tinting windows for their privacy, but I don't like tinting because my vision is not good, especially at night and in raining.
Anyway, it is your car. You do whatever you want, PLUS what people do around you. Will your car look "odd" (not standing-out) in your area?

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
i rock no front plate in a state that requires it. front looks better and i never get the reasoning behind the requirement especially when other states don't require it.

·
'07 Camry SE
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well, I understand all you rebels out there but I'm a family man and I can't be fooling around with getting tickets for trivial stuff like this, so...front plate for me.

but back to my original question: which bracket should I get?

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
I don't even have a bracket on mine, just the plate frame from the dealer where I work/purchased the car from. I DO, however, like the look of the bracket that comes on some of the Toyotas, it keeps your plate looking nice even after bumping into a few snowbanks. ;) It also gives a pretty clean look as opposed to just a plate frame. Personally, I'd go for the bracket. $25 isn't that much, really, and you know it will fit your car properly. The dealer will even install it for you I'm sure, and then you'd have even more peace of mind knowing it was installed properly too.

·
'07 Camry SE
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't even have a bracket on mine, just the plate frame from the dealer where I work/purchased the car from. I DO, however, like the look of the bracket that comes on some of the Toyotas, it keeps your plate looking nice even after bumping into a few snowbanks. ;) It also gives a pretty clean look as opposed to just a plate frame. Personally, I'd go for the bracket. $25 isn't that much, really, and you know it will fit your car properly. The dealer will even install it for you I'm sure, and then you'd have even more peace of mind knowing it was installed properly too.
$25 installed? hm, I doubt it but I'll ask.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
It takes all of 5 minutes, maybe. If they won't just install the stupid thing for you then they're just out to get your money. Our dealership does stuff like this many times a day for free.

Otherwise, set the bracket where you want, mark holes where it lines up, drill it out, and screw it in. Bam, you're done.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
i have one of those holders actually lol. the cops don't bother me. the only way u get a ticket is if u get pulled over for say speeding and they see it then it'll be a extra ticket. otherwise they can't pull u over for just that. cops don't care bc certain spots of my area are very rich bc i'm close to NYC and people rock ferraris etc... without front plates.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Here in Wisconsin they can pull you over for having the bracket and not the plate on it. If there is no bracket and no holes for hanging a plate there they will not pull you over.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
In cali cops WILL pull you over if they see you without a front license plate, it doesn't matter if u have holes or no holes or no bracket. :lol:

Plain bumper = fines :D

·
Registered
camry
583 Posts
anybody any OEM/equivalent plate holder for 07+ camry online cheap?

*edit.. ording it from magauto

·
Registered
'11 Camry SE
51 Posts
I want one of those! My front plate was just put on by drilling the screws right through the bumper. Looks like crap under the plate.

·