Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how to call what I am looking for so I will identify this with a picture.

I scratched one the left one pretty bad on the bottom backing up on a dip and a car scrapped paint off the other one.

What are these things even called and where can I get some new ones, toyota wanted like $350 bucks for them + paint + labor (Mexico)

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
When I search for OEM parts to replace something thats missing or broken I look at MagAuto.com

Its known as the front spoiler in your case in the part your searching for. $350 sounds pretty steep just for the part, but of course its the stealership. You can can a brand new aftermarket lip, painted and installed for the price.

Well MagAuto has the part listed as "Spoiler Right" in their diagram. Its part #18. Not sure what type of finish the part comes in. They have it listed for $121.16

http://toyota.magauto.com/partlocat...010&callout=18&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I would just try to buff it out with some car polish and live with the results.

It isn't worth the time and money to get new ones since it will be a matter of time before the same thing happens again. It's normal for any car with ground effects.

·
Registered
629 Posts
^^ +1...if u wanna go one step farther...get some touch up paint, craw underneath the car n touch it up...i took mine off n repainted it but now im going angled at dips n driveways n back into parking spots...thats the only way to pretty much prevent it from happening again

·
Registered
130 Posts
the magauto parts come unpainted so in the end you'll be paying as much as the dealership wants anyway.

i scratched the shit out of my right one a few months back but you cant see it because it's on the bottom. i did notice the area covered by 3M tape didnt have any paint damage. the tape is a little scratched but thats it. sadly the small gap i couldnt get cover with 3M due to prior scrapes lost paint. so if you have an unmolested car get some 3M put on. protects your car from more than rock chips.

·
Owner of much Obsolete
1986 Corolla GT-S
2,286 Posts
the magauto parts come unpainted so in the end you'll be paying as much as the dealership wants anyway.
Magauto is a Toyota dealership called Mechanicsville Toyota, and is selling the same parts. They do not come painted from Toyota.

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts