Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had front sonar sensors installed on my new 2010 Tundra when I purchased it last June. They work great when they work the problem is they don't work very often. I've had the truck in the dealers shop four times to repair them and they are not working now.

They work for two days to two months then start going off for no reason when driving. A few days later they quit working alltogether. The sensors on the rear have not caused any problems.

Has anyone else had problems like this and if so were you able to get them fixed?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like I posted above I have a 2011 Tundra with 400 some miles and the
Sonar has already begun acting up. Went from steady tone in reverse to
nothing to becoming intermittent. Dealer will check tomorrow 11 April. I really do not expect a solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going back to the dealer for the fifth time. They now want to remove the sensors and give my money back. I've told them I do not want my money back I want the sensors to work.

I really think there is a wiring problem or one of the individual sensors is bad. It acts like there is a wire not connected securely or the insulation was skinned off somewhere during installation. I asked them to contact the sensor manufacturer for ideas, but don't think they have done that.

Whatever the problem I'll keep going back until it's fixed.

·
Buck
106 Posts
Good question! I just bought a 2013 CM Ltd with sonar, and some of them are not working. I traded a 2017 Taco and the sonar worked great (and the backup camera, but that is another post). Is it as simple as replacing a sensor, or has Toyota made it more complicated than that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts