Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I have to replace the front speakers in my 1995 Corolla. What is the best wat to remove the old ones ? How do you remove the grill (on the door) to get to them ?
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
you take the whole door panel off to get at the speakers

·
Registered
88 Posts
1) Remove screw (1) on plastic door handle. The push the handle forward as far as possible and pull out. It should remove without very much force. Release the small plastic piece that retains the handle to the long metal rod. It will snap easily, so be careful. Then remove the handle.

2) Remove screws (2) from armrest.

3) Remove the small sail panel (next to rear view mirror). It will pop out.

4) Remove door panel. Gently pry the plastic fasteners out around the perimeter of the panel with a large flat screwdriver or removal tool. Lift up on the entire panel so the trim will slide out of the door seal.

5) You will see an odd shaped plastic mount for the OEM 4" speaker. It's depth is only 1.75".

It is possible to use a larger speaker size, but not without considerable effort. I mounted a 6.5" speaker with a 2.8" depth, but had to make the cutout larger, build a custom mount, and modify the door panel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Thanks, I ordered a set of 4' speakers should be here this week. I will let you know how it went.

Thanks again Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
No screw. There's a metal piece shaped like a U with a pinch in the middle that holds it on. You need a thin piece of cloth to slide under the window lever. Slide the cloth under the lever and towards yourself with the lever facing away (or towards you, can't remember). Try both ways. That little metal piece will pop off, then you can pull the lever off.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry, I assumed you had automatic windows. Yes, there is a C-clip that needs to be removed from the handle if you have manual roll-up windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts