Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my rear sway bar is coming, I can think about something else.

Does anyone make a REAL (not fake rice bling) strut tower brace bar for a Camry? If so, will it do anything?

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
TRD does though expect to pay through the nose for it. It will make some difference, the car won't lean as much in turns and you'll feel like the steering is a little stiffer in the twisties. The rear sway bar that you ordered will make alot more apparent handling improvement than the front strut bar though.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coolness.

I guess struts and springs are the next thing I need.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
Not wanting to hijack this thread: does anyone know how much to torque wrench the front stut screws after one add's a strutbar?? :confused: I don't own a torque wrench myself..but if i take it to a shop for just tightning..i wanna at least tell them something...

Edit: can someone confirm this for a gen 4:

Front (all in ft-lbs): 1) strut upper mounts: 59, 2) strut-to-suspension support (damper shaft) nut: 36, 3) strut-to-steering knuckle nuts: 156 for Camry, 162 for Solara, 4) stabilizer bar link to strut: 29
Rear (in the same format as above): 1) 29, 2) 36, 3) 145, both Camry and Solara, 4) 29.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jhbhatia said:
Not wanting to hijack this thread: does anyone know how much to torque wrench the front stut screws after one add's a strutbar?? :confused: I don't own a torque wrench myself..but if i take it to a shop for just tightning..i wanna at least tell them something...

Edit: can someone confirm this for a gen 4:

Front (all in ft-lbs): 1) strut upper mounts: 59, 2) strut-to-suspension support (damper shaft) nut: 36, 3) strut-to-steering knuckle nuts: 156 for Camry, 162 for Solara, 4) stabilizer bar link to strut: 29
Rear (in the same format as above): 1) 29, 2) 36, 3) 145, both Camry and Solara, 4) 29.
The shop will just put the air wrench on until it stalls - so about 3000 ft. lb. of torque :lol:

·
Boondock Saint
280 Posts
Hey jhbhatia, you don't need to torque the strut mount nuts. If you just tighten em as much as you can with a normal 3/8 drive ratchet it'll be gravy. The torque setting is only like 30 lbs so hand tight is pretty close to that.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
do i leave the silver tabs on the strut mounts there and place the strut bar ON TOP of the tab?? OR remove the tab alltogether? (i'm sure there a technical name for it..the that silver thing that screws onto just 2 screws on the strut mounts?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i left on the silver thingys on mine. I first set the TRD strut bar and then the silver things after. In my mind it somewhat helps out the forward/backward motion as well as stiffen up the allready stiff TRD bar.

·
FLIP'N THE G-5 WHIP
2005 Black Camry
895 Posts
how do i adjust the pressure on the strut bar? i have a 3 piece strut bar. not sure whether to tighten pulling inward or to adjust and install pushing outward? when i come to the point of tightening up the screws. any advice on the correct method for a 3 piece strut bar? thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts