Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!!!
I am new member to the forum. I was reading a lot of threads without registering but finally i registered today as i was having this question from long time. Experts please help me with this question

Recently i replaced front suspension struts with kyb quick struts and left the rear supension as is on my 2005 toyota corolla as the rear seems good. will that cause any problem if i don't replace rear struts and only front struts. i feel kyb's are way stiffer than old struts and i can feel the road unevenness as if i am driving a sports car. Handling improved alot but the car feels like a sports car transferring every twitch on the road

·
19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
5,505 Posts
It'll ride better in the front, but not in the rear as you'll see for yourself as you drive it. Not ideal, but still better than four crappy struts... You really oughta throw a new pair on the rear as well. New struts all around is a beauty way to go.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i feel kyb's are way stiffer than old struts and i can feel the road unevenness as if i am driving a sports car. Handling improved alot but the car feels like a sports car transferring every twitch on the road
You just got used to the old weak struts.
Make sure your tires aren't overinflated.
Use the pressure listed on the label in the drivers door jamb.
Leaving the old struts on the back might cause less traction on bumpy roads, leading to oversteer.
I recommend you replace them soon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just got used to the old weak struts.
Make sure your tires aren't overinflated.
Use the pressure listed on the label in the drivers door jamb.
Leaving the old struts on the back might cause less traction on bumpy roads, leading to oversteer.
I recommend you replace them soon.
i am not feeling any oversteer and i am maintianing pressure 2-3 psi more than recommended accounting to guage error and one more thing if i replace the swaybar links do i need to get it aligned again

·
Registered
20 Posts
i am not feeling any oversteer and i am maintianing pressure 2-3 psi more than recommended accounting to guage error and one more thing if i replace the swaybar links do i need to get it aligned again
No you won't need an alignment.

I found the KYB to be quite stiff as well. I will personally try Monroe quick struts if there's ever a next time. KYB is cheaper than dealership and very high quality... there are advantages too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
dmgthe2nd
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing