Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Toyota Matrix base 1.8L manual with 145k.
I saw some oil spots in my front wheel wells the rubber boots also seem to be cracked is the black oil/grease coming from the struts?
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Sleeve

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Light Automotive tire Gesture

this is the pic of the front driver wheel well. Any idea what the white container is for? The washer fluid and coolant reservoir is on the passenger side. There is no opening to fill up this container. It sits right below the air intake battery compartment.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

This car should have struts in the rear and back. That is what I have seen when I got tires changed. The guy at Midas told me that it takes struts in the front and shocks in the back. Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,521 Posts
Check your axle boots and tie rods. The oil stains are on the bottom of the strut. This tells me that whatever is leaking is getting onto the axle and getting flung onto the splash guards.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Looks like the tire is rubbing on the plastic fender liner. If the tires are larger diameter than OE then your mileage will be higher than the odometer reading due to larger diameter tires rotating fewer times than original tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts