Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Yo quiero Taco 4 wheel!
2008 Tacoma AC 4x4
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having done the rear leaf tsb, I think they have finally settled, but the rear is still about a full 2 inches higher than the front, even with a Leer shell on the back. Not ready to spend the $$$ on coilovers just yet, so I have been thinking about temporarily installing spacers. That being said, I have read several negative opinions about how spacers can prematurely wear the upper ball joints. I'm thinking about installing a mild spacer (1.5" to 2") to the top of the strut assembly, and am just wondering how a spacer adds stress to the ball joints. Wouldn't the geometry be similar to an installed adjustable c/o?

·
Offical Tacoma Driver
2008 Indigo DC LB
157 Posts
well the problem with the spacers is now when you have full extension on your suspension it is being over extended proportional to the thickness of the spacer. With stock suspension your shock acts as a limiter to over extension. Go with a toytec spacer, or just one that goes inside the coil pack. Or go with 5100's. I just out my fronts on today set at 2.5 and took put my 2.5" hbs top plate spacer. Same amount of lift, no spacer and the ride is great.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts