Toyota Nation Forum banner

Which would you choose if you HAD to choose?

• Round tubing

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • "Enclosed" and squared -off

Votes: 17 68.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I understand that there are other companies out there, other products etc., and that some of you would choose not to do it at all but IF you had to choose between two STYLES which one would you get?

I'll go ahead and say that I prefer the open round tubing look over the more enclosed ARB "style" bumpers for a variety or reasons, but I wanted to probe these forums to see if there really is a trend migrating to enclosed bumpers..........

Besides, what else do you have to argue about right now?

ROUND:

SQUARE:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I know we started this in the other thread, but if I could see a pic of the tube style on the 05-06 the decision would be a lot easier.

Honestly I think I would like the tube bumper more, if someone can post one on the 05-06 I'll vote then.

Someone please find one.:)

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
boone88rr said:
What you weren't interested in the debate over which color floor mats to get?
:lol:

Dude, EVERYBODY who's "cool" already knows that the black TRD mats are where it's at..!!!:lol:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm holding out:)

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
i'll take the ARB/TJM winch capable bars with high-lift jack points, please. :)

but i voted for the enclosed bumper in this case.

-Mike

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think the open one looks better, but when it is on the truck, I like the enclosed one because I dont like the way the truck looks like its missing the front bumper.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Understand also that the pic of the open bumper is incomplete.

IE; the bumper is still in RAW steel form, and if it was my truck, the exposed sheet metal behind the bumper would have a coat of LINE-X on it so it didn't look unfinished, and would help protect the sheet metal up front as well.

I just wish the enclosed bumper wasn't enclosed on the sides, that's all. I can understand the area around the winch and leading down to the skid plate, but I don't like the way it's boxed in all the way around the corner of the truck...

Here's a good example of what I would be more interested in:

·
Registered
378 Posts
I like that last bumper you posted, but there is no winch mount is there?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Has anyone found a fully tube bumper for the 05+ ?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Now that looks good:
I guess I'm voting tube bumper.
Edit :resized for sanity

·
Registered
378 Posts
SilverStreak05 said:
From TS:
http://gadgetonline.com/051grintercooler.JPG

The topic of the thread was the guys turbo, but he's got a pretty sick front bumper on his rig as well.

I like both styles. There's advantages/disadvantages to either one. If I replace mine I'll probably go tube since it saves a lot of weight.
Please if anyone has more info on this bumper let us know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts