Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled on an outstanding product to get rid of that ugly haze on your headlights. It took me roughly 10 minutes per light, and was a piece of cake to use. The stuff is called "Miracle Shine", made by GMS products in the People's Republic of California. I bought it about a year ago, just to clean and polish the exotic metals on my bathroom fixtures. It cleans, shines, and gets rid of all the water marks, and does a fantasic job. So, my headlights look like a little kid with a cold rubbed booger all over them. It was time to clean them. So, instead of buying a headlight restoration kit, just for kicks I grabbed the Miracle Shine. Did an absolutely amazing job. They look pretty close to new, except for the nicks in the plastic ( the truck is 11 years old, after all, and still has the same headlights which were never refinished. ). I finished it off with some wax. I'm really pleased with how they turned out, especially since I didn't have to go buy a restoration kit, and waste an afternoon using it. Caution: Remove it while it is still wet.

For the record, I have no financial interest in "Miracle Shine". I don't sell it, don't own stock in the manufacturer, and make absolutely nothing for telling you guys about this stuff. Comes in an 8 oz squeeze bottle, and costs about $13.00. Use it on EVERYTHING that has a non-porous surface. Bottle says it is "Safe - Nonabrasive". Have fun and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Now that it's clean, you need to protect the surface from UV rays. Otherwise, you'll be using that stuff again very soon. Either use the 3M paint protection film, which is VERY hard to apply without any imperfections given the curves of our headlights, or I recently read of someone having them sprayed with clearcoat at a bodyshop.

·
Premium Member
13,958 Posts
They sell a UV protectant for the headlights at most places. It’s like a liquid wax.

doesn’t take an afternoon to remove the haze. I used the turtle wax wipes to remove it. Only takes a minute wiping them off.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This stuff Miracle Shine is soooo easy and convenient to use, that it's not worth going out to buy some UV protectant. You can just repeat the process if you need to, and it'll take less than 10 minutes for both headlights. Go buy some. You might find other good uses for it during those cold winter nights when "she" sneaks over to your side to warm up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts