Toyota Nation Forum banner

FS: 1989 Toyota Corolla GTS - All Original - SoCal

2655 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  hari_seldon
Sorry - car is sold!

Car is located in Valencia, California.

Very clean 1989 Corolla GTS with a strong 4AGE twin cam engine. I've had this car about two years, put about 15k miles on it, much of which has been treks up to SF and Vegas, and it has been a gem. I have had a lot of work done to get it reliable and great for long-term ownership. I, however, am wanting a 4Runner or Tacoma now, and this needs to go. Super clean, great car, gets 34-37mpg on the highway, and runs all day with traffic no sweat (will probably outrun most traffic honestly).

5-speed manual, sunroof, clutch is good - asked them to check when they replaced the transmission and they said no need.

Just rolled over 200k miles, but works great - it 100% stock, never been hacked, never been raced as far as I can tell. Clean carfax, clean title in hand, just passed smog with certificate in hand. No check engine light.

Bad walk-around video:
(sorry for the bad sound - first time with the new GoPro...)

Replaced or fixed in the last 2 years:
-Transmission (was leaking when I purchased it) replaced with lightly used GTS transmission, along with main seal
-Distributor rebuilt with new seals (no more oil leak)
-Cam shaft seals replaced
-Brake calipers, pads, and rotors on all 4 wheels replaced
-New rebuilt steering rack installed
-New rear struts
-New Thermostat
-New O2 sensor
-New California Catalytic Converter
-New front engine mount at time of transmission
-2 new tires, 2 tires in good condition
-AC retrofit from R12, filled, blows cold all day (drove to Vegas in Sept. no problems!)
-Sunroof tracks replaced and cleaned
-Regular oil changes
--probably stuff I've forgotten...I have a file of receipts that go with the car.

Cons:
-Tear in the drivers seat
-two cracks in the dash
-Still has original stereo that works well enough, but it is 25 years old
-Has cruise control installed, all parts are present but it doesn't work - not sure why haven't run the tests to figure out
-Trunk release cable doesn't work
-Trunk lock cylinder is a bit loose, but works fine if you put a little pressure on the top of the trunk

Extras!
I'll throw in some extras if you'd like them like a factory service manual, and extra sunroof motor, various parts I never got around to installing like new ball joints, and a pair of front brake hoses.

Trades?
I would gladly trade for a 1996 - 2002 4Runner or Toyota Pickup with 4wd in similar condition, plus cash from me if needed. Possibly select 1990-1995 4Runner or pickup trades, again would need to be clean.

Asking $3500 - Open to offers.

More Photos on Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/Cr74d

Reactions: cb91710
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.