Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Satoshi for sale!

SOLD!!! Still have a Satoshi that I'm still working on, plan on finishing it in the same style as this one that's listed. Could also do something else on it if desired. Same asking price.

$280 shipped to your door. Paypal only please. NorCal pick up welcome.

Completed this grille with the fiberglass and bondo method. I used filler primer and Krylon textured paint on the inner lip of the grille and customcargrills small hexagonal mesh.

The grille came to me in two parts so I left it separated (sitting together for the pics but not attached permanently). This is a good move for people looking to color match. Just take the top portion of the grille, get it matched, then snap it back together and apply some epoxy or melt the tabs down (I've done both methods in the past and have no complaints). The grille itself is black, much like the black plastic base model grille. However, it's not a nice shiny black, more like a dull black that shows some of the lines within the plastic itself. Once again, best suited for color matching.

As you can see in the last pic the little holder/tab that is notorious for breaking is in one solid piece. This grille is not perfect but it is a solid build. On the bottom piece of the grille one of the slots the top piece tabs slide in got filled with some run away fiberglass resin. However, the tab that goes in that slot was missing from the top piece, so that was for the best I guess.

Fun fact -- I've got another Satoshi sitting around half done, so if you're looking for something specific, let me know.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns you have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts