Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
phone number: pm me for my cellphone please.
location: central florida, florida, usa. NO SHIPPING, must be local pickup.
payment preference: USD cash only.
NO: no wire transfers, no checks, no paypal, no foreign currency, no IOU, no favors or no trades
price: $50.00 FIRM for all 4 wheels.
description / car / model / year: from 1998 Toyota Camry XLE v6 usa spec, see full description below..
pics:

$50.00 FIRM for all four (1 set) of heavily used OEM Toyota Camry XLE 15" Alloy wheels (from a 1998 gen4). these wheels are pitted, faded, has some curb rash and NEEDS Brand new Tires + valve stems + lug nuts. this set was taken off of my camry when i bought another set of wheels. Please TEXT me, do NOT call my phone.

all 4 wheels have individual pictures on them, check the valve stem and wheel weight placements.

the good:
* wheels come with oem toyota center caps
* wheels are still round (no cracks or bends that i am aware of.. YMMV)

the bad:
* finish is bad
* needs tires (2 of the tires had some type of leak)
* needs lugnuts
* needs valve stems

if you are interested in buying these wheels please read the following:
* i will ONLY accept Unites States of American Dollars, do not ask to pay me in foreign currencies.
* i will not ship, this must be local pickup in southwest orlando
* i will not remove the current tires on the wheels
* i will not part out the center caps nor break up the set of 4 wheels
* i do not accept trades nor credit/gift cards nor paypal
* i will not offer payment or IOU, payment must be in full at time of transaction
* i cannot tell you if this will fit your car. this came off of a gen 4, so it "should" fit gen3 to gen6 camrys but do your homework first.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I saw this post from the link you had inserted. If those rims are still in round, you might be interested in what I did with my 20 year old T100 rims. I made a mid-restoration decision to "Black Out" my T100. I've used Plasti Dip to convert bumpers,valance,mirrors, door handles, body molding, and emblems. I had the T100 rim sitting there and I said , What the hell ?. Check out how it turned out.

Attachments

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw this post from the link you had inserted. If those rims are still in round, you might be interested in what I did with my 20 year old T100 rims. I made a mid-restoration decision to "Black Out" my T100. I've used Plasti Dip to convert bumpers,valance,mirrors, door handles, body molding, and emblems. I had the T100 rim sitting there and I said , What the hell ?. Check out how it turned out.
the two of us are probably the only ones here that don't mind black wheels and we will probably get heat for it. i had replaced my 15" oems gen4 with a set of gen6 16" steelies. the oem hubcaps started bothering me for some reason and i dipped them black. looked much better.

i still have the oem gen4s above and even though the surface of them needs work, all 4 still holds air.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I was going to try and sell the tires because they only have a few hundred miles on them, but between what you're asking and how good the rims look now, I think i'm going to hold on to them, and just swap them out one day and see how they look.

·
Registered
'98 Camry
265 Posts
The Plasti-dip option looks good! I have steelies and planned on using some HAMMERED texture Rustoleum spray paint (in grey) to see how the steelies look if they go grey (they don't really look good black).

How does the Plasti-Dip work over rust? How does it hold up to winter salt, etc? And, you can peel it off if you ever don't want it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
My rims didn't have any rust on them. They were faded and had substantial peeling. I sanded them down with steel wool. Living down south, I don't have to deal with salt, but I put thick coats on the rims and the PlastiDip holds up very well. The thicker it is the better. You'll see how strong it is when you peel it away, but nit will come off completely I recently blacked out my Tundra, as well. I took the red OEM fender flares off and I did all of the emblems, as well as front and rear bumpers..the rims were chrome, too. I couldn't believe how many remarks I started getting after I did it. Here is a pic,...

Attachments

·
unofficial TN member
00 camry le 5s-fe
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My rims didn't have any rust on them. They were faded and had substantial peeling. I sanded them down with steel wool. Living down south, I don't have to deal with salt, but I put thick coats on the rims and the PlastiDip holds up very well. The thicker it is the better. You'll see how strong it is when you peel it away, but nit will come off completely I recently blacked out my Tundra, as well. I took the red OEM fender flares off and I did all of the emblems, as well as front and rear bumpers..the rims were chrome, too. I couldn't believe how many remarks I started getting after I did it. Here is a pic,...
your tundra came out good in the pics, i've actually had my gen4.5 camry grill dipped black because part of the chrome fading and i've dipped my 16" gen5 camry hubcaps when i owned my gen4 camry. with OEM wheels, i was hoping someone would want to refinished or restore them to their original clarity. imo, the 15" wheels are too small to dip black on a camry, they would almost look like steelies and much more than 16" would.

The Plasti-dip option looks good! I have steelies and planned on using some HAMMERED texture Rustoleum spray paint (in grey) to see how the steelies look if they go grey (they don't really look good black).

How does the Plasti-Dip work over rust? How does it hold up to winter salt, etc? And, you can peel it off if you ever don't want it?
i have never dipped over rusted metal before, just plastic grills, emblems, hubcaps and 19" alloys. i'm also in the south so i can't give much feedback on how much the ice and salt would wear away. if anything, on a clean surface it's better to put on more layers than not enough, unless you have a ton of humidity and your dip starts creating texture. once you get texture, you either have to peel and start over or lylol the areas carefully and respray. if you have surface rust, i think you would still want to sand it down to get rid of the oxidation and dry it before applying dip.

dipyourcar.com is a good resource, plenty of kits, a la cart items and instructional videos on YT. their prices are a bit high on their black but they carry a lot of newer finishes and rare colors. you can usually find your black and whites at your local home depot along with flexidip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts