Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The general manager of our dealership just came back from the Toyota Dealer Meeting and told us that the new FT-86 will be released as a Scion late 2011.

I'm not inclined to REALLY believe it and love the idea....but in the meeting this morning that's what he said.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it.

Highly doubtful though since it seems that no one has any new info on the car itself.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's what I thought to myself too....I of course didn't want to say anything during the meeting ;)

Even so, I have been hearing rumors elsewhere on top of this, so it makes me really wonder.

·
No More Turbos!
1999 Toyota Tercel
172 Posts
Well just in time for Scion to come up to Canada. Still not happy about it, especially since if I want one I'll have to wait till 2012 for a dealer to open within a 1000 km's of me.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
You guys really care what is it branded as? To me it doesn't matter, as long as the car is great.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree.....Making it a $25k-$29k car is way too much money to throw in with the Scion nameplate. Toyota needs something more exciting in their lineup, and making it a Celica I think could be just the ticket!!!

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
^agreed, but don't call it FR-S. We have enough alpha-numeric crap for names as it is. Celica is perfect for this car.

·
Man in Blue.
923 Posts
So they are going to ruin it completely. They are going square out the body and release it as a Scion? Fail.. simply FAIL!

Looks like I'll get the Subaru version for the AWD and factory turbo.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So they are going to ruin it completely. They are going square out the body and release it as a Scion? Fail.. simply FAIL!

Looks like I'll get the Subaru version for the AWD and factory turbo.
:thumbsup:
Let me add this: I have hated Subarus all my life (yes, even the STI's! They're ugly :cool:), but with Toyota going this direction I think I might buy my first ever Subaru in the near future!

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Subaru is supposed to release their version in the states as well. We will see.....everything surrounding the Subie version and the FT-86 is all a mystery still. lol.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Subaru is supposed to release their version in the states as well. We will see.....everything surrounding the Subie version and the FT-86 is all a mystery still. lol.

Not the latest reports/media info I read. Subaru version is suppose to be Europe only. You got a recent source that says US, link me.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothing but everything else that everyone's read a million times on the subject. If it comes down to it I'll just move overseas......I kinda want to anyway.:D

You link me too ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^Latest DSport mag has a brief input on it (don't like it with the hood scoop imo), that it would be European bound only. I guess the best news was that it was even back on to be produced.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We'll see what happens in the future....already a lot of people aren't impressed with the FT-86 being a Scion and with a base price of $25k

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.