Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Nissan's always had the GT-R...that shouldn't have been fought about. Infiniti is more luxury anyway and doesn't need a high performance car such as the GT-R

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nissan's always had the GT-R...that shouldn't have been fought about. Infiniti is more luxury anyway and doesn't need a high performance car such as the GT-R

Yeah but they still did. No one wanted to spend $80k on a Nissan. Now people love the GTR for it's performance and price value. Luxury is but a side aspect of things, remember Lexus has the LF-A. Lexus is a luxury brand but it has a Supercar in its stable.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That is true but it's also a $300k + car that Lexus is actually losing money in. Either way, everyone's always gonna gripe about everything. lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^Yeah, I read that blog a few weeks back. It was posted on the 12th of October.

I'm tired of hearing all the different sources saying this or that. I won't buy the Subaru version of the car either way. Much rather have it as a Toyota or Scion, don't matter to me. It won't stop me from buying it if it's running a Subie boxer motor in it, but I prefer for the Toyota/Scion version of the car to run a Toyota 4cly in it.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Like I've said before in other posts, as long as it comes into production similar to what the concept car is, I'd be happy with that. But I probably would debadge it :naughty:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Like I've said before in other posts, as long as it comes into production similar to what the concept car is, I'd be happy with that. But I probably would debadge it :naughty:
Oh not me. I will leave it there just like I have on my tC for a very specific reason.

"When you see my tail lights, you will know without question that it was a Scion that just walked you".

LOL...So many haters, I leave mine there on purpose. Especially when Evo's, STI's, Honda boys talk crap, only to watch me pull away from them. They never expect a Scion to be quick. I love watching mouths drop open wondering how they just lost to a tC.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I guess I'm not a Scion person, and the likelihood I will get an FT-86 is not high. Although I do like the car quite a bit, I have other projects I would like to undertake first :D And other cars I would like to buy before the 86. But yes, given that it is similar to the concept, it will be a quick little bugger.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I guess I'm not a Scion person, and the likelihood I will get an FT-86 is not high. Although I do like the car quite a bit, I have other projects I would like to undertake first :D And other cars I would like to buy before the 86. But yes, given that it is similar to the concept, it will be a quick little bugger.
Yea, I have been racing my tC going on 4 years now, so I'm pretty proud of its accomplishments. It also helps to be a Scion owner when the fastest FWD Time Attack car in the country and possibly world is also a Scion tC :)

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
They also cried foul when they found out the R35 GTR was going to remain a Nissan and not an Infiniti and cost $80k.
There is nothing wrong with the Nissan GT-R

Infiniti is the throwaway brand, not Nissan. You have to get these right first.

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
Oh not me. I will leave it there just like I have on my tC for a very specific reason.

"When you see my tail lights, you will know without question that it was a Scion that just walked you".

LOL...So many haters, I leave mine there on purpose. Especially when Evo's, STI's, Honda boys talk crap, only to watch me pull away from them. They never expect a Scion to be quick. I love watching mouths drop open wondering how they just lost to a tC.
I've never known a tC to be anything else except slow (stock) or quick (turboed/modified), certainly not anything great in the handling department.

The 2011 tC is a huge improvement over yours though. And if the FT-86 comes to Scion, the tC becomes virtually impotent in the lineup. It'll be the cheap econo car for the High School kids's first car.

·
Registered
103 Posts
There is nothing wrong with the Nissan GT-R

Infiniti is the throwaway brand, not Nissan. You have to get these right first.

I didn't complain about the GTR being under Nissan. I said people "did complain".

There is nothing wrong with Scion either just for the record.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've been boosted on the tC platform and have raced it, going on 4+ years now. If you want to see more vids like 10, 11sec turbo tC's, or tC's passing up modified 600-700whp R35 GTR's on the track, all you have to do is ask. I have them archived.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Still not a tC fan, no matter how quick. lol. Especially now. I like how it drives and shifts (in the manual), but the styling kinda sucks. Now, I LOVE the look of the FT-86 concept, and modding that would be a beautiful machine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Still not a tC fan, no matter how quick. lol. Especially now. I like how it drives and shifts (in the manual), but the styling kinda sucks. Now, I LOVE the look of the FT-86 concept, and modding that would be a beautiful machine.

The post isn't about what your personal likes and dislikes are though. I don't particularly care for Honda's or Vettes, but that doesn't mean I don't respect what they are and can be capable of.

I personally think my tC is a beautiful machine, along with PTuning's, World Racing's FWD and their new AWD tC.

What you or I think is beautiful is "subjective".

I find this Beautiful, you may not.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I think it's great you do so much with your tC. I did a lot with my old Sunfire to make it quicker, not as much as you, but some stuff. People gave me grief to no end for doing it.

You asked people to open their minds. I did. I still prefer the looks and performance of other cars.

Okay, I'm done now. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
^^Thanks. Oh for sure. I've ran across plenty of people who didn't particularly care for the tC or the Scion brand in general, but have told me that they respected mine and what they are capable of.

In one of those track vids above, there were several people wondering what I had under the hood because I was simply eating them in the corners and around the track. They look confused when I tell them it's stock though....LOL. Just wait till it's back on boost, if they think I'm quick now. The guy with the modded S2k (APR wing in the video) you see me pass, came up to me later and was like..."Ok, you got me wondering what's under the hood"....LOL.

No one bothers me or my tC where I'm from. They already know it's street rep...:) Don't get sponsors though with just a street rep, so I do all my stuff on the track now...:thumbsup:

The people who annoy me though, are the ones who are mere "Bandwagon Riders" that hate on the Scion brand or the tC and have no idea what they are talking about. But because So and So said this, and someone else said that, and they have seen some Scion "marketing" commercials, they profess themselves to be a Scion Expert and know everything about Scions and how much they suck....blah blah blah. Then they get on the forums and start talking like they have experience with the brand and come across a guy like me who lets the know otherwise.

·
Registered
103 Posts
After watching this months DSport DVD and listening to the President of Scion talk about having a RWD car in the Scion lineup....it makes ALL the sense to have the FT-86 in the Scion Lineup. He was expressing that they are trying to listen to the "enthusiast" as well, and this is what the enthusiast side really wants. There are very few RWD 2-door coupes on the market. The Scion brand (unlike the Toyota brand) has a cult following of "enthusiast" already built up in it (i.e. Scion tC enthusiast). He has a hunch that the Scion enthusiast have the tenacity and urge to want to step up a little more in the price bracket (as he discussed and recognized that the Scion brand has always had a sub $20k price point). He feels that even though they have had this price point, there are the Scion enthusiast that wouldn't mind stepping up a couple of K to get that RWD coupe.

I think he's right. tC owners spends $k's of dollars on mods to make their tC's go fast or ride low and slow. Since they are more than likely phasing out the tC, the FT-86 would make a great replacement and there would be tC owners trading up to the FT-86.

Except for me, mine will be paid off next year and I'll have both cars...LOL. That is if they don't screw up the design between now and release. If they screw up the design then I'll just go get me another 350z. That's still an option for me right now. FT-86 targeted price is $25k. I can get a Built motor and Twin turbo 350z making 600+whp for $25k private party sales. Decisions....Decisions...

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would love to have the FT as a Scion but with the current Scion motors being used rather than a Subie boxer. FT-86 + Elongated 2AR-FE = I'm sold. Hell even if they put in a 2az I'd be sold, cause I know what they do once the turbo is slapped on it.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.