Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Enough what? Put the same driver in an R35 and no FWD vehicle in the world could come close.
He didn't have enough "car" to keep up.

The driver of the R35 was not a Noob dude. This isn't some ricer street race from a stop light where you can argue "oh he couldn't drive it properly". These are seasoned drivers I'm talking about here, ON a Race Track. It was Forged Performances R35 GTR. FP is located in Georgia. It is driven by Sharif. He has NASA Time Trial track records and victories as well as victories in Redline Time Attack. So, he's not a cookie cutter driver.

Word of advice for you, get out to a race track and experience for yourself what it takes to push a car to its limits. Just because you have a RWD or AWD does not automatically mean you are going to be one of the fastest guys on the track. Until you have experienced this, you will continue to be blind to anything Motorsports related and continue your rather uneducated points of view when it comes to FWD, AWD and RWD performance.

Sharif and the FP GTR. The first pic is the FP GTR.

http://www.forgedperformance.com/index.php?option=com_wordpress&p=348&Itemid=119

And this is what it looked like behind Rado.

And NO I'm not saying FWD is better than AWD or RWD. I'm saying that in Motorsports and REAL Racing, a lot more factors come into play than just being FWD, RWD or AWD. You are either fast or you are not. Having AWD don't make you the best thing on the track automatically....JUST BECAUSE you have AWD.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
The conversation between him and I wasn't about the FT86. Secondly, after I sold my 350z, the FT86 will be my next RWD car. Thanks for sharing though.
Thats exactly MY point. The subject of this thread IS the FT-86.
I've given lots of leeway here, but we really need to get back to the subject.
You can always start another thread and continue the subject you were discussing. I was certainly enjoying and learning from it.
Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Perhaps if he or anyone have any misconceptions they might want to actually know about rather than formulating an opinion about something without any real research into the matter, I don't mind a discussion via PM's or someone starting a thread on it.

Aside from that, I HOPE the FT86 in real life is just as good as the FT86 in GT5. I've been playing the GT5 version of it (both regular and GSport version), and I love the car. It's awesome!

·
Registered
103 Posts
RWD is without question, but I am definitely hoping they decide to go with a Toyota power plant afterall. Rumor is a 2.5L motor will be running it. Hmmm...I would be :D if they are talking about the 2AR engine. 2AR + 8lbs of boost = 320-330whp/300wtq.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry, but I'm not thrilled with the possibility of a Subie engine. Give me a nice Toyota manufactured direct-injected turbo 4-banger & I'll be completely happy. I've never owned a FWD automobile, and hope I never have to...lol

·
Registered
Jeep Cherokee
3 Posts
with all of the engine technology from toyota in the past I don't see why they would use a Subie engine and not their own. pretty ghey if ya ask me...

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Because it's a joint partnership between Toyota and Subaru....
Where do you think the AWD system in the Venza came from? That's right, Subaru.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
with all of the engine technology from toyota in the past I don't see why they would use a Subie engine and not their own. pretty ghey if ya ask me...
I understand why, but I still wish they'd use a Toyota engine. An SC'ed or TC'ed V6 would be awsome.
Oh well.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
^Don't worry, I agree with you. It seems silly.....
But if it ends up with the STI motor, now, that's not terribly bad

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I think Toyota, if they tried, could go back to having legendary cars that are fun and fast again (Supra, MR2, Celica, etc....), but they prolly figure if they team up with Subie they can get back to that image again.

I'm sure eventually they'll go back to a sports car with their own engine.

·
Premium Member
'91 MR2 Turbo
19,831 Posts
I think Toyota, if they tried, could go back to having legendary cars that are fun and fast again (Supra, MR2, Celica, etc....), but they prolly figure if they team up with Subie they can get back to that image again.

I'm sure eventually they'll go back to a sports car with their own engine.
Hhhmmm? Never thought of it that way. This may , indeed, help.
Good point.

·
Registered
Jeep Cherokee
3 Posts
thats nice and all but Toyota had their own ass kick awd setups in the late 80s-early 90s. if you will notice all of their awd vehicles seem to have a cult status and are infrequently found for sale(because of their ass kickness).

...now back to the FT-86 ;)

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
They were too good! lol
So they dumped 'em.
And now they've been creating bread box cars, so they have to do something to change that mentality.

I seriously hope the FT-86 is what it's cracked up to be.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Did you guys see the latest blurb from Auto Guide on the home page? FT-86 a Scion for North America.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.