Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Well....I'm no fanboy, but I'm no fan of this car being a Scion :D

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
What kind of boycott? lol
Obviously, working for a Toyota dealership, I'm going to end up driving them around now and again, but that's about it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I find it funny that these people who are claiming to be Toyota Purist, are so ready to bare arms because of a badge on the car, but yet say nothing about the engine. It's not powered by a Toyota engine, yet no one is upset about that. LOL...some might even go as far to say it's not even a Toyota since it has a less than reliable (compared to Toyota motors) Subaru powerplant in it.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
^We've been discussing that in another FT-86 thread, lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
^We've been discussing that in another FT-86 thread, lol

That puts a new spin on perspective of these so called "Purist". LoL...they are not "Purist" at all. It's about the "image" they don't want to be associated with, while trying to spin it off as it being about Toyota Heritage. FOOL, it's not even running a Toyota motor, so it's about the image! I own a Scion, my image was created by myself and the badge is overlooked because of it. Some care to much about what other people think I guess...

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I do agree with that.
My biggest problem with this car being a Scion is that it's way to expensive for Scion's lineup. It doesn't fit, it doesn't make sense.

Oh well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's kind of the interesting thing though. The mean age of a Scion buyer is surprisingly 30+yrs old. Yea you see a lot of young low budget college bound kids in Scions, but they don't make up the large part of the market. You will find 40, 50, 60yr old people driving Scions.

With that said, if the mean age is above normal "can't afford" teens/young adults, then the price might be just right still. Meh, this is just my theory though based on the actual average age of a Scion owner.

I myself am 31yrs old.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Well, here at the dealership, about 85% of people I see coming in to buy a Scion are around my age (21). Occasionally, I see an older gentleman getting an xD, or last week, a 30-something picked up a manual tC. But by far, the majority, at least here, are between 18-25.

Sometimes the salespeople try to steer older buyers to Scion (around the same price point as the Toyota their looking at), and quite a few scoff and say,"That's one of those cars that I'd get for my kid, not me".

So who knows?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, here at the dealership, about 85% of people I see coming in to buy a Scion are around my age (21). Occasionally, I see an older gentleman getting an xD, or last week, a 30-something picked up a manual tC. But by far, the majority, at least here, are between 18-25.

Sometimes the salespeople try to steer older buyers to Scion (around the same price point as the Toyota their looking at), and quite a few scoff and say,"That's one of those cars that I'd get for my kid, not me".

So who knows?

I'm going by National statistics though, not just what I see local.

·
Need For Speed
2011 Camry SE
10,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
^Like I said, that's what we see here. This is in no way what you'll see across the board.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Naive Noob here - Any word on updates like, price, TRD pkg, forced induction, will the WRX share this 2.0. How much power can the tranny handle. and how much are toyota badges going to cost or will the scion dealership simply have that as a pkg.

One forum had 25k pounds which converts to $39,557 lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Naive Noob here - Any word on updates like, price, TRD pkg, forced induction, will the WRX share this 2.0. How much power can the tranny handle. and how much are toyota badges going to cost or will the scion dealership simply have that as a pkg.

No
Yes
Pretty much told that will not happen
Should, but a turbo version (Subaru already working on it)
No clue
No

ft86club.com will have all the answers for you.

And no, it's not $39k obviously...lol

·
Registered
2013 Tacoma
13 Posts

Scion Prices Highly Anticipated FR-S Sports Car Under $25,000

Scion announced manufacturer’s suggested retail pricing for its 2013 FR-S compact rear-wheel drive sports car starting at $24,200 when equipped with a six-speed manual transmission. When equipped with a six-speed automatic transmission that features paddle shifters and rev-match technology, the starting MSRP is $25,300. The high-performance coupe is the fifth model to join the Scion family and will go on sale this spring.

“Scion’s goal was to create an affordable sports car that true driving enthusiasts could enjoy,” said Jack Hollis, Scion vice president. “We accomplished that goal with the FR-S starting under $25,000.”

Check out the new FR-S at http://www.scion.com/cars/FR-S

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.