Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a heavy moded ct26a turbo in my car. When i run at half throttle it pulls like crazy. When i try wot i hit fuel cut. Why is it with this turbo i am hitting fuel cut. With stock turbo this never happened. I do not have boost controller ecm is controlling everything still.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Build yourself a fuel cut defencer. Just up it a couple of PSI... and see how that works for you. If that doesn't work.... get a boost controller too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am planning to put controller in this weekend along with fcd. But just wondering why it hit fuel cut with this turbo.

·
I love Cin
91 Turbo MR2
2,312 Posts
You said it was a modded CT26 - right? Well you are running more boost then and hitting FC.
It does not take much to hit FC.
It is quite possibly to touch FC on a really cold day with a 100% OEM MR2.

You can disable FC for free buy plugging up the vac line to the MAP sensor next to the "daignostic box".

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
I'm assuming cause bigger turbo = more boost. What kind of FCD and MBC are you getting?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to install a techtom ecm which has an altered fcd. I am not sure what kind of controller to get. Any suggestions?? Must be in cabin for easy adjustments. Was thinging about blitz dsbc.
By the way also have installed ko racing exhast and downpipe.
Really sounds good and easy to install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts