Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i needed to change my fuel filter and my plugs since the car has 87k on it and they have never been changed... i turn on the car and it shakes horibly for a few mins and sounds like a muscle car when it idled... but after it warmed up it was fine

so why does a stupid tercel's filter cost $30... well cuz its stupid and it wont come off
we broke 3 pairs of vice girps used wd-40 and other lubracants... 4 hours later the filter is still stuck. the bolt is striped and it wont loosen or tighten up... the car is leaking gas and i have NO CAR
WHAT THE HELL DO I DO!?

i posted this in general discussion too but i thought maybe someone else here would have some idea

its stuck and im so sad right now not to have a car!

·
Registered
238 Posts
to fix the leak..invest in some jb weld...read the instructions...cause i dont think it would hold up if theres a constant flow of fuel running to it as its trying to cure..

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i get the filter off?
i need to put new one on!
this one is broken!

·
No BS ECTO/BYP Advocate!
99 Posts
For the bolt. You could pick up an air wrench from wal-mart for $20 and see if you can get it off with some more power. Cigerette lighter adapter included, so hooking it up will be easy. I also heard that the gator grip wrench can grab bolts even if they are stripped, check into that also.

DOTMREP

·
Registered
124 Posts
It seems that toyota did some of the tercel owners(mostly 91-94's)a huge favor and overtightned the fuel line fittings during production and to cover this they now claim its a lifetime filter. I had tha same problem on mine and had to replace the hardline that runs under the car and the flexible line that connects at the tank. A major pain in the a$$ but the problem is solved.

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we got it off this morning... using a wrench and a super duper strong vice grip... yea bullshit on lifetime fuel filter... my car stalled when i turned it on- its automatic! but at least my fiance fixed it cuz i was starting to have doubts and get really really upset!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts