Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Corolla XRS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all of the Corolla owners. I have a 2009 Corolla XRS with 58,000 km on it. When I did the 54,000 maintenance package a mechanic told the service guy at the dealership that he thought the throttle body needed a flush because he felt there was a lag on acceleration. I have noticed that there is a slight lag, at least i think there is one.

A guy today told me around 80,000 or so in normal for the fuel injector and throttle body service. Any comments oor expereince with this?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,779 Posts
Question for all of the Corolla owners. I have a 2009 Corolla XRS with 58,000 km on it. When I did the 54,000 maintenance package a mechanic told the service guy at the dealership that he thought the throttle body needed a flush because he felt there was a lag on acceleration. I have noticed that there is a slight lag, at least i think there is one.

A guy today told me around 80,000 or so in normal for the fuel injector and throttle body service. Any comments oor expereince with this?
If you use high quality gas with a good detergent package you shouldn't need to do this. You could also add a bottle of fuel system cleaner every 5k miles to keep things extra clean. :thumbsup: It's just another way to make some money by the dealership.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts

if you decide that you need to clean your throttle body and you are going to do it yourself, make sure that you put on a new throttle body gasket before putting it all back together. if you dont it will trip your check engine light!

if not, then get BG 44k. you put it in ur tank and just drive. it works great

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,779 Posts
if not, then get BG 44k. you put it in ur tank and just drive. it works great
+1

BG 44K, best stuff on the market & recommended by every mechanic with any amount of experience. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts