Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not put any in my taco, but when i had my wrangler i used Seafoam. It worked pretty good. You can acutally put that stuff into anything or any engine. I worked at advance auto and it was hard to keep it stocked. It seemed to have worked.

·
3SGTE & 1GRFE
MR2 Turbo, Taco Dcab
793 Posts
best way is to have a shop flush your injectors. they basically run the engine off the cleaner until the bottle of cleaner is used up. much more powerful than anything you can pour into your tank.

for the in-tank stuff, i'm not sure how much it really helps, but it can't hurt. Valvoline should be fine.

-Mike

·
;o{
18 Posts
SweepCo 503

Best fuel injector cleaner on the market is Sweepco 503. Recommended by the Porsche repair shop we frequent. Porsche CIS injection system* injectors are notorious for clogging up. Whenever one of our CIS equiped cars starts to run un-Posche-like, it gets a dose of Sweepco & treated to an Italian tune-up. If the injectors are in real bad shape, the repair shop pumps pure Sweepco 503 through them. It usually takes only 2-3 pumps before the injector is spraying normally again.

*(1973->83)

--Moe--

·
Row Dialin'
2,832 Posts
It's actually Swepco 503 (one e). Performance Products sells it for $8.00 a bottle. I may give it a shot. I have been using Amsoil's PI Quick Shot once every three months.

·
C5 Meter Minder
304 Posts
kbultaco said:
the product I use, BG44K, is added to your gas every 7500 miles.
Agree 1000% with Bultaco!! Great stuff. I used some in an older truck (22RE) before a tune.
The plugs looked new with exception of worn electrodes!

·
Tennessee Tacoma Pilot
Honda VFR800 & Taco
217 Posts
I got this straight from a vehicle engineer.

If you use these cleaning products it is best to put them in before a long trip in which you expect to use the full tank of gas.

Reason being is that some of the chemicals are pretty strong and could potentially go to work on the inside of hoses and on any plastic that it comes in extended period contact with.

The concept is to get it in, get it to work, and get it out as fast as you can and not let it sit in a tank of gas over a long period of time.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
^yea, thats what the directions say, put it in when you are about to fill a full tank and use it till the tank is almost empty.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you currently having a problem? I wouldn't use injector cleaners on a fairly new vehicle unless there was a problem . Can be hard on some parts.

·
Cephasiii
05' Tacoma Prerunner
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info. I have 7600 on my 05 Taco and was thinking about it, but from what I hear you don't need it. I do have an 04 Highlander with 42000 miles on it that I think needs it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts