Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I have a '98 camry V6 and I don't know what's the problem is. So if you guys would take a minute to help me diagnos the problem.
When I drive my Camry on highway, it's drive pretty smooth, but when I slow down ( Like to get off at at exit), the engine sound like starting to choke, and became shaky at times. I'm thinking it might be the fuel injector, or something is wrong with the fuel induction system. I just finished cleaned the throttle but I don't know if that would help. And for the fuel injector, should I replace it or clean it?

Thank you guys, if you have pictures of "how to do it yourself" on fuel injector, please post it or provide the link of helpful sites on fuel injector and I would be greatly appreciated.

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
most people for fuel injectors just buy a bottel of good espensive cleaner and dump it in and say yay! sounds more like your tranny not down shifting right. check too see if your tps is lined up good and what not. also could be a dirty air and fuel filter as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies!!

I've just changed new fuel filter and air filter today, however, when I tested drives the car, it seems like I can feel the shift of gears while the car is in motion. When the car is driving at about 25 mph, everything is smooth, and when I begin to pedal the accelerator a little deeper, I can feel the jump in between the speed of 25 to 35 mph and it's the same for at about 55 to 60 mph. So, after what I've replaced thus far ( also the NGK spark plugs), the car is still acting up like that. Do you guys think that it could be the tranmission might be a factor, because I think it's about time to change that? By the way, what kind of fuel injector cleaner would you guys recommend? A friend said Chevron is the best, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reply...

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
feeling those shifts is probably because your motor/transmission mounts are finished

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick,
The jump does not happen when I make a shift, but only when I push the gas pedal. the shifting gear is pretty smooth. But do you think the transmission fluid could be the cause?

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
if you havent changed it ever i say dont and just wait till it blows up or your gona get crazy slipping. a few of us guys here ran in to that problem. just make sure it has enought fluid and also check your mounts the dog bone (tourque on the side) and the tranny mounts are the easiest to check as a visual can tell you if they are bad. the harder is the front and rear those i belive if you can push the engine down and wobble it around the you should replace them. for injector cleaner i use what ever is expensive there like the 1.25 kind and then the ones near 5 go with the expensive ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts