Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. New here. Avalon starts perfect every morning but at lunch hour it cranks for 4-7 seconds before firing. Thought was weak pump and took it out and seen hard plastic hose that connects to bottom of fuel pump inside the tank was cracked. Spliced it together hoping I found problem. It didn't work. What is that line snd can I replace without tank removal? Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hey all. New here. Avalon starts perfect every morning but at lunch hour it cranks for 4-7 seconds before firing. Thought was weak pump and took it out and seen hard plastic hose that connects to bottom of fuel pump inside the tank was cracked. Spliced it together hoping I found problem. It didn't work. What is that line snd can I replace without tank removal? Thanks
Do you see that hose shown on this diagram? Fuel System Components for 2014 Toyota Avalon | Toyota Parts Center

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it was my drawing it would be like this. It Has to connect to bottom of fuel pump inside the tank.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it was my drawing it would be like this. It Has to connect to bottom of fuel pump inside the tank.
If you talking about line that is shown on this picture you should be able to remove everything from the fuel tank as one piece and take it apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you talking about line that is shown on this picture you should be able to remove everything from the fuel tank as one piece and take it apart.
View attachment 315157
Not that line. The line literally runs down thru the tank and towards the back somewhere. It's a smooth kinda hard stiff plastic.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm totally lost here. I can't find any reference to any other hoses in that fuel tank. I'll ask couple of guys around though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts