Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the fuel line below the fuel filter supposed to be twisted?
My father and I went to change the fuel filter last night and before we did, we noticed the fuel line below the filter was twisted. We were thinking this would restrict flow, but not knowing the car, we figured it might be the way it's supposed to be.

Could someone clue me in?

·
93 Z24 and 78 Bronco
1993 z24
4,025 Posts
well if you can see that its pinching the line a lot then it would most definetly restrict flow and make your pump work harder

if so, you may be able to find some kind of replacement, just to change just that section, not the whole thing

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oldman said:
well if you can see that its pinching the line a lot then it would most definetly restrict flow and make your pump work harder

if so, you may be able to find some kind of replacement, just to change just that section, not the whole thing
I take it that it's not supposed to twist like that then.

I can't really get a good view of under it (we didn't go forward with the filter change after that), but we did feel it.

We couldn't get the banjo bolts off the filter either, even when giving it a couple good shots of WD40. I think I'm just going to take it to a trusted local garage and have them change the fuel line and do the filter while they're at it.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Knocker Loose works great. Those banjo fittings take a lot to get loose. The line can be twisted and be fine. It's only if the line ie dented at all from it's normal shape that you should worry. But it sounds like you have a good plan. So go with it man. Good luck.:thumbup:

·
Zzzz
Camry
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, smoking. I can't really tell the condition of it.
The only thing that makes me nervous is the fact that there's (obviously) fuel in the line and I don't want it to burst. I can't really see how twisted it is or anything.

Maybe I'll just have it done when I get my tranny flushed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts