Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a Toyota Avensis 1998 Liftback. I could't find a section for Avensis, so i figured i'd post it here.

I can't manage to find the Circuit opening relay, and i was wondering if any of you actually know the location of it. I can't find it together with all my other fuses/relays.

·
Registered
1999 Corolla CE
900 Posts
Fuel pump is driven off the EFI /main relay. There should be a diagram under the fuse box cover under the hood.Find the main EFI relay and your home free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding.
I have checked the EFI relay you refer to, and it checks out fine.
I'm talking about another relay marked c/opn. I know that in some models it is located inside the glove compartment.
I just want to know where it's located in my Avensis :)

·
Registered
1999 Corolla CE
900 Posts
Circuit opening relay is for the fuel pump, mostly removed by technicians performing fuel injection services. Is your vehicule starting ok?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. The starter is just grinding and the fuel pump works 1 in 20 attemts to start the car.
So it's either the fuel pump or the circuit opening relay that is faulty.
I'd like to check the relay first, as it's the cheaper part to replace.
But i can't find it. Thats why i asked about the location of the relay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I managed to find it on my own.
It was located behind the glove box.

Thank you for your response.

For people wondering in the future.
The part number is 90987-04002

·
2002 corolla ce
1,467 Posts
Hey @Zirgulaz im glad you solved your issues you were having i just wanted to point out we have a forum here for your ride and i moved the entire thread to the Avensis section we have as your solution may be useful in the future to others. Feel free to look around and see what others have posted you might enjoy this section. Oh and welcome to toyotanation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts