Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
22R, are the Type I and Type II pumps interchangeable? Do they have different eccentrics? My rebuild is not getting fuel. I can vac pump it from the inlet line. The motor is from an 87 IIRC and has the Type II pump. The eccentric was missing from the motor so I got another one from a yard.

·
OLD SCHOOL
2003 Tacoma pre-run
668 Posts
22R, are the Type I and Type II pumps interchangeable? Do they have different eccentrics? My rebuild is not getting fuel. I can vac pump it from the inlet line. The motor is from an 87 IIRC and has the Type II pump. The eccentric was missing from the motor so I got another one from a yard.
is the pump new? because they either work or they don't. Its a rubber diaphragm inside the pump but the eccentrics should be the same for the cam.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question was "Are Type I and Type II pumps the same?" The answer is yes. This is only my third pump in the 23 years I have owned this truck, and the second one still works and is on the original motor, but since the motor in my truck now is essentially new I thought the expense of an OEM pump was worth it. I see no need to go through the expense and hassle of installing an electric pump. And for those that bought the $25 pump and had it fail, I guess you get what you pay for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts