Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Celica GT-S
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wanna say that i have always gotten good advise from this forum and always trusted what people have told me on here. i have a 1990 celica GT-S love the celica always have always will. the problem is i have a fuel leak and i believe it is the tank. now my question is are the tanks on the GT's and GT-S's the same or is there a difference someone told me the filler necks are different because of the wide body. and btw is there any body parting out 90-93 celicas with good fuel tanks?? anyways as always any help you guys can give me would be great thanks again.

Dan

·
Registered
1991 celica gt
419 Posts
well as fore the models im not shure
it might just be the hose i mean think would a 20 year old rubber still be good?
if you do find a hole drain it make shure the tank is dry grind/sand the spot thats leaking mix up some j.b. weld slather it on then when its dry paint the spot or the whole tank then get some rtv silicone tape off the spot slather that on peel the tape off

its gona be a pain in the ass but well worth it

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
I just recently replaced the fuel tank in my 1990 GT. From my research, I was able to learn that the fuel tank in the '90 to '93 GT and GTS is the same. The fuel tank in the All Trac is different. So as to avoid any further problems, I got a southern tank from Arizona. I did not have any problem matching the filller neck. My mechanic assssured me that everything would fit seamlessly. My mechanic would know. He specializes in fuel tank replacemnets and is known locally as the the go to guy for such repairs. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
The answer is both yes and no.

GT had two tank size options, so be careful of that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts