Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
camry
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im parting together a turbo kit and I plan on running 7-12 psi. What I want to know is what I need to add more fuel ?? Do I just get bigger injectors and a bigger fuel pump ? What will the ecu do under boost ? better Ingnition? sorry if this is repost i tried the search and apreciate the info thnx.
93 camry le

·
Registered
camry
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have a 93 camry le 5sfe and I already have a t3 turbo and manifold. Im going to send my motor to jasper and get forged internals installed. All i got to worry about now is oil lines, piping, ignition and fuel . The oil lines and piping is no biggy its still on the to do list though.

·
Registered
camry
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been researching and been putting this together for months now. My brother is also boosting his saturn at the same time. Its pretty simple were only gonna have problems with tapping the block/oilpan and tunning the fuel. I thought id might be able to use the ecu off a mr2 or something but guess not. So were either gonna use the megasquirt or a sds eic. and how will the camrys stock ignition do under boost ?

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
I mean all you need to do it change plugs and wire under boost...i would be more worried about a piggy-back fuel system right now yah youhave the turbo and manifold...But thats not going to make you car hold boost....7-12 you need a something like a SAFC or an E-manage....Then you need a FMU(Fuel Management Unit) aka fuel pressure reg, and then you migh want to run 360-440cc injectors....The mr2 ECU isn't going to work i don't think, If your car isn't Manual you might want to think this through before you boost it anyways..you might want to do a manual swap because the auto tranny isn't going to hold 12psi for more then 2months....so right now you have just a turbo and a manifold when you need a lot more....fuel and cooling are very important when turboing a car... Search up and then if anything you can't find PM Me or UfoZ i am sure one of us can help ya...if not you can ask Tony or Wraith or 5sfte

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.